SBOOI on an M6?

Two, three things to learn to know with SBOOI (Wiki also 12015... ) :

- accurate ONLY for one plane of focus, in general of my use not, never 100% 'accurate'

- we know that marking 50mm Leica lenses have the real focal length measured from about 49mm to 53mm so 'accurate 100%' for which one ?

- the tightness can be adjusted, not easy but doable with the "four feet" of the SBOOI

Have a look inside is a pleasure 😇...

The best of it is pleasure to use with every camera that accepts 50mm and hot shoe...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

a recent thread to read

Edited by a.noctilux
  • Like 1

It is not the most accurate of the 50 mm VF... for instance, it lacks the parallax correction which is present on the SOODL... (https://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/SOODL) ; one must also take into account that external 50 mm VFs were mostly made for LTM bodies without VF/RF unit, where the vertical gap between VF and lens axis (the parallax)  is narrower , expecially in respect to BM bodies.

And coverage, also, cannot be 100% by definition... it depends on focus distance set on the lens : I don't know where the 100% coverage of the SBOOI was set.... maybe 2 meters? Someone surely knows. 

Tightness on the hot shoe is tolerancing-related... in can be easily "tuned" if necessary.

Edited by luigi bertolotti
  • Like 1

Framing with a Leica has Never been an accurate affair.  That's the realm of SLR.  I think we all knew that already.

The SBOOI and its friends for other focal lengths are just glorious to use.  Period.  But perhaps only after you accept the imprecise nature of using a Leica.

I also use some Cosina/Voigtlander and even vintage Canon VFs, with great satisfaction. Nice on the eyes.

Bon shooting!

• Like 1