Leica CL, Windows 11, Lightroom classic compatability issues

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When I process my CL images, I use the newest issue of lightroom classic. With windows 10 everything worked fine.  I just upgraded my microsoft computer to windows 11.  Now I can no longer print images using the lightroom print module, but if I use the edit in photoshop function of lightroom I can upload the image to the cloud photoshop app, and then print the image from photoshop.  Called adobe help, 45 min later they said they don't know what's up, but will call me back in 24 to 48 hours and then maybe fix it.  Has anyone else had this issue?  and did you find a better fix for it?

Thanks

Jim

• Like 1

Well I thought I was safe, I waited a month and a half to upgrade my system, made sure I had the most recent lightroom classic upgrade before I upgraded to windows 11. It didn't keep me safe.  Almost two years ago I had a terrible experience upgrading a Mac book pro operating system with lightroom so I switched to a microsoft system with lightroom (cost me a lot, but I was mad).  Well now its deja vu all over again.  I'm not sure what computer operating system works best with adobe lightroom.  Maybe it's time to reconsider adobe lightroom.  I'll keep you updated

Edited by jpreisch
  • Like 2

Bad luck on the printing issues Jim.  It's hard enough printing with all the various variables, including LR, which doesn't make borders easy (I use Epson 3000).  

I try not to upgrade whenever a new shiney comes along...partly for the expense and mainly because am a bit over endless upgrades on all electronica after 30 years.

My point is...I'm still managing with Lightroom 6.14...use sharpening and a little noise reduction judiciously...it works.

I do use DFine2 as well...it's also good.

I appreciate your post Jim, I'll have to upgrade to Windows 11 one day.

I dunno. I've been working with LR since 2006 exclusively on macOS. It's been migrated through every OS release since then with no problems. LR 6.14 went end-of-life on macOS Catalina, so I put in LR Classic and that's working fine now on macOS Big Sur. I'm about to update to macOS Monterey, I'll build a test system on an external drive first. :)

G

Well, they called me back, took control of my computer, mover the cursor around quickly clicked a few boxes quickly and then everything worked.  When I asked what they did, they muttered something with a strong accent that I couldn't understand.  But it worked.  So I'm happy, don't know what went wrong or how to fix it myself, but it works so I should be happy...I'm happy. If it happens again I'll just spend an hour or two calling them and letting them fix it.

• Like 3