Is there any way to match jpeg rendering in capture one?

rukez

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I really love Q's jpeg rendering (color, little bit of greenish tint, perfect matching dynamic range) in all kind of light scenarios, but I obviously see dramatic difference in details with capture one output when shooting with ISO above 400 (while maybe that can be a little bit fixed with disabling sharper for jpeg, because in C1 I always set to 0 when I see noise)

Trouble is that matching color to JPEG in C1 is really long process because while JPEGs looks very similar in most situations, C1 recipes differs very much depending on light, scene, reflexes and so on

Is there any way to quickly replicate recordered JPEG, like with fuji's embedded profiles (that provide 1 click matching), to take full advantage of C1's perfect debayer and still have that "1 click to develop" experience?

Dear Rukez,

I too strugle with C1 rendering... Sometimes it is very good, but usually, as you said, C1 somehow partly kills the "Leica soul/look" of your photos.

LR interprets Leica colors much better in my opinion. I'm still "angry" to Adobe due to its subscription business model but I think at the and I will go back to LR+PS. C1 profiles for Leica add twists colors... Like you, I also crave Leica look...

Actually I really can not understand C1 profiles. I tried Cobalt profiles and I must say I get better results now but still I think there is something not OK between Leica and C1.

I see big differences in colour between DNG and JPG in C1. Drill down, and you see that C1 has only a few Leica profiles.

Apart from colours, C1 exaggerates the sharpness in the preview (but on export it is OK again ..)

I'm still "angry" 

While I use LR 6.14 under Monterey - no problem. [at all, once in a while a slow look-up of a command resulting in  a paint-ball]; I have Thunderbolt-3 drive with files and the cache, on a 2TB SSD. Fast scrolling, presentation, switching modules. So I am not angry. A happy user, in fact. They must have silently improved the program.

Edited by Alberti
  • Like 1