Replacement lens cap 55-135?

If you have a good photo bag you can also not replace it. Personally cap is the first thing i remove and keep in a safer place at home. If you really want to use what i suggest is flea market, take note of the size and search for olympus, canon , nikon cap they will cost 10 times less

8 hours ago, wda said:

Leica is the obvious source, but an internet search will reveal cheaper alternatives. My cap goes straight back into my holster.

I know lol!  I was just wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a third party.

7 hours ago, M.piras said:

If you have a good photo bag you can also not replace it. Personally cap is the first thing i remove and keep in a safer place at home. If you really want to use what i suggest is flea market, take note of the size and search for olympus, canon , nikon cap they will cost 10 times less

I am hyper protective of my gear.  For now the lens is going in the Leica Bag when not in use and getting a few good puffs when mounted.  Also leaving the hood on. . . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoCalLeicanator said:

I am hyper protective of my gear.  For now the lens is going in the Leica Bag when not in use and getting a few good puffs when mounted.  Also leaving the hood on. . . 

I understand, by my side i can say you i took photos in the most problematic area of the world and the only time i had an issue with the gear was with a leica CL battery at +60C. But may be i just was lucky (since the beginning -1997- my master, teached me how to deal with “his” gears without caps or changing lenses on the fly on the classic 3+2 ..3 cameras ready + 2 prime lens to change when needed) another solution can come from hama, it’s a cap holder, a cable with an adesive pad to stick on the cap so it will be keep the cap “connected” to the string hook. If admin let me, i have seen it on ama*on some times ago i will search again and post it here. At the moment i attach 2 images on italian platform it is available.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by M.piras
Added photos
  • Thanks 1