Fogg Last Waltz: The Leica M of camera bags

Herr Barnack

As I was reading your review and admiring the gorgeous bag I began to think about how similar it was to my current bag. Mine is from ThinkTank, but the dimensions and weight are virtually the same. I carry around two cameras (M10-M and M10-R), three lenses, two spare batteries, some filters and a forth 135mm in a pouch attached to the strap. I have had my bag for about ten years now; it is an earlier version of the Retrospective 5. There is only very small amounts of wear showing. It is extremely well made and the design seems similar to your bag. The biggest difference is the materials used. Mine is a medium weight canvas, not leather. One advantage, in addition to the previous comment about leather being not PC, is that a canvas bag may be less of a target for thieves. My lens attached to the strap probably defeats that advantage though. The $150 price may be considered an advantage as well. Maybe not for Leica owners however. 😁

I have an e-flat which is close the the Last Walz, in the same color combo.  It is one of the many Fogg and non Fogg bags I own. To much bags I must admit.

It’s currently mostly used as a flight bag and holds a headset, handheld radio, iPad mini with knee straps, vfr charts, pilot log book and other gear needed in the cockpit of a small airplane.  I love the vintage look of it and stands out well against the generic flight bags or rucksack other pilots tend to use.  

If only they would make a cap that matches the bag I would buy it in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

@RS-Colo   I have a Retrospective 7 v.2.0 and it is a great camera bag - one of my favorites.  It is a good all around bag, as are my Wotancraft Pilot 7L and my Billingham Hadley Pro.  Different bags for different situations and applications is my approach.

Regarding thieves, I do not let my camera bag out of my sight - it is either physically on me or sitting in my field of view and within hand's reach.  As for locations where it is reasonable to expect strong arm robbery or armed robbery to be a concern, I exercise common sense and don't go there in the first place. 

These precautions have served me well - so far.

Edited by Herr Barnack

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 hours ago, Herr Barnack said:

@RS-Colo   I have a Retrospective 7 v.2.0 and it is a great camera bag - one of my favorites.  It is a good all around bag, as are my Wotancraft Pilot 7L and my Billingham Hadley Pro.  Different bags for different situations and applications is my approach.

Regarding thieves, I do not let my camera bag out of my sight - it is either physically on me or sitting in my field of view and within hand's reach.  As for locations where it is reasonable to expect strong arm robbery or armed robbery to be a concern, I exercise common sense and don't go there in the first place. 

These precautions have served me well - so far.

Agreed. I too keep it with me at all times. But it seems that even public places are more risky than they once were. In any case, a large dollop of prudence is in order.

• Like 2

I am a big Fan of Fogg bags as well !

I own an e-flat, Nigel made 1cm wider for me. Exactly the (great) colors as @Herr Barnack’s

Wonderful quality, looks and customer experience !

It can hold a lot of gear….

And for a different use, I just ordered a brown Satch*Mo and can’t wait to carry my M10M and a few lenses with it :) 

17 hours ago, Rona!d said:

I‘d have concerns using penguin peni$ leather while others who are only marketing driven wouldn‘t 😉

Using penguin peni$ leather would be quite problematic.  Under some circumstances - such as a glamor or boudoir shoot - your light as a feather, unobtrusive camera satchel could at a moment's notice be transformed into one of these unwieldy and protuberant monsters:  https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/cases/long-case/storm/im3220

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, farnz said:

My apologies, Rona!d, but all penguins have a peni$ if one looks far enough. ^_^

Pete.

How do penguins have sex?

Everything you heard in the video is true, penguins do not have penises. Both sexes have orifaces called cloacas that are used both for reproduction and for waste. The female lies on her stomach while the male climbs onto her back. The female lifts her tail allowing their cloacas to touch and sperm to be transfered. This process does not take long, often lasting about 10 seconds. 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 21 Stunden schrieb jdlaing:

How do penguins have sex?

Everything you heard in the video is true, penguins do not have penises. Both sexes have orifaces called cloacas that are used both for reproduction and for waste. The female lies on her stomach while the male climbs onto her back. The female lifts her tail allowing their cloacas to touch and sperm to be transfered. This process does not take long, often lasting about 10 seconds. 

And I thought the ones who are interested in „how“ would google that. Welcome to the education channel!

😀

• Haha 1