Minotar 35/2.8 adapted to L mount

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Minox Minotar 35/2.8 adapted to L Mount received from Don Goldberg this morning ... Leica T battery on charge ... will post Minotar /T pics later.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

dunk 

• Like 2

Couple of Q&D street pics on a very dull day ... ISO 400  f5.6  1/1000sec handheld with my broken wrist/finger ... Will try tripod mounted when convenient to seek better subjects 

cont'd ... 

... Minotar 35/2.8 adapted to L mount has potential ... https://www.dagcamera.com/store/p150/Minox_35mm_Lens_in_Leica_L_Adapter.html

... no duty etc payable ... small packages usually 'slip thru'  OK ... and it's a genuine German lens ;)  ... Shipped via economy $10 US Mail 19 November ... arrived UK 3 December 

dunk 

Edited by dkCambridgeshire
additional info

22 minutes ago, jankap said:

Interesting antennas. It seems to be a useful lens.

What did you do with your hand? I would not classify you being violent against your equipment.

Jan I tripped over in Sainsbury supermarket car park when wearing a mask ... did not notice the kerb as glasses steamed up ... landed on chest/ face with outstretched arms ... hands / ribs /knees suffered impact damage ... Initially no fractures visible on X-rays but when X Ray pix re-examined by a doctor 5 days later he discovered the fractures ... ribs not X Rayed but are more uncomfortable than hands so likely cracked ... both wrists now in splints ...managed to avoid left arm being put into plaster cast ... splints will suffice ... Will be a few weeks before can handle a heavier FF camera ... hence using Leica T 

dunk

Edited by dkCambridgeshire

Interesting. I have one of those lenses, still attached to the body.

Later. Wow! Posted above before realizing the full story. So Sorry, Dunk. No comfort, but it could have been fatal. I share ýour difficulties and wish for more sensors, when bifocals mist while facing Covid-19 risks. Take great care of yourself.

Edited by wda
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 minute ago, wda said:

Interesting. I have one of those lenses, still attached to the body.

David, Usually several several broken Minox cameras listed on ebay and likely a relatively easy project to recycle the lens 

dunk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dkCambridgeshire said:

Jan I tripped over in Sainsbury supermarket car park when wearing a mask ... did not notice the kerb as glasses steamed up ... landed on chest/ face with outstretched arms ... hands / ribs /knees suffered impact damage ... Initially no fractures visible on X-rays but when X Ray pix re-examined by a doctor 5 days later he discovered the fractures ... ribs not X Rayed but are more uncomfortable than hands so likely cracked ... both wrists now in splints ...managed to avoid left arm being put into plaster cast ... splints will suffice ... Will be a few weeks before can handle a heavier FF camera ... hence using Leica T 

dunk

Steamed glasses ...., my wife complains too. And I suffer sometimes, I seldom wear glasses outside together with a mask. I wish you a good and speedy recovery. That was severe impact for sure. "Dumm gelaufen!"

Edited by jankap
  • Thanks 1

Dunk, Sorry to hear about steamed up glasses trip and fall. There but the grace of god go many of us with mask steamed glasses. I really liked the Minotar lens when I had it on a Minox 35GT-E. I used to always carry that camera on business trips (no not that sort), as it would fit in a shirt pocket and was half the weight of my previous Rollei 35S. I stupidly sold the Minox, when I bought my first digital Leica, the Digilux Zoom in 1999. 

Wilson

I was talking to Dunk about this latest purchase and showed him my Kiev 35 copy of the Minox. Mechanically the worst camera that I have ever owned. Body was partially translucent (olive green) and during it's short operating life it never managed to get through a full roll of film without jamming. It did manage 20exp film. The lens however was excellent. Not a copy of the Minox, 5 element as opposed to the Minox (Tessar design) 4 element. I am toying with the idea of converting as dunk's has been but the Kiev is part of my collection and is brought out if I give a talk on cameras of that era just for a laugh.

I bought a couple of high quality masks that seal snugly to stop my glasses fogging up. They usually work well, when they don't I have some medical tape that I seal the top edge with and that I have no allergic reaction to. 😉

Sorry to hear of your fall, dunk. Heal up and feel better. Falls are nasty. 

I have a 1939 Zeiss Sonnar 40/2 uncoated lens from my Berning Robot and the appropriate mount adapters. I'll have to fit that and see how it does on the CL... last I used it was on the Ricoh GXR. 

G

• Thanks 1

I do wonder what led Minox to name their lens (almost) after the Minotaur which was one of the most famous and gruesome monsters in Ancient Greek mythology, usually portrayed with the body of a man and the head of a bull.
I'm sure that it wasn't an accident and must have causes some amusement among the management. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ramarren said:

I bought a couple of high quality masks that seal snugly to stop my glasses fogging up. They usually work well, when they don't I have some medical tape that I seal the top edge with and that I have no allergic reaction to. 😉

Sorry to hear of your fall, dunk. Heal up and feel better. Falls are nasty. 

I have a 1939 Zeiss Sonnar 40/2 uncoated lens from my Berning Robot and the appropriate mount adapters. I'll have to fit that and see how it does on the CL... last I used it was on the Ricoh GXR. 

G

TY ram ... Look fwd to seeing yr Sonnar 40/2 results 

dunk 

2 hours ago, wlaidlaw said:

Dunk, Sorry to hear about steamed up glasses trip and fall. There but the grace of god go many of us with mask steamed glasses. I really liked the Minotar lens when I had it on a Minox 35GT-E. I used to always carry that camera on business trips (no not that sort), as it would fit in a shirt pocket and was half the weight of my previous Rollei 35S. I stupidly sold the Minox, when I bought my first digital Leica, the Digilux Zoom in 1999. 

Wilson

TY Wilson ... I had two Minox GT cameras pre-digital era ... super cameras when they are working ... DAG recycles / converts the Minotar to several mounts ... Next project is to try and add  a supp. c/u lens ... just to see if worth the effort.  

BW

dunk 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dunk inspired (?) me to tear my old Kiev 35A apart and try a similar conversion. Not too difficult using a Fotasy C mount to LL adaptor and gave me a chance to use my recently acquired toy, a Creality 3D printer, to make a couple of adaptor parts and a fancy lenscap..

I had a slight problem with getting infinity focus and had to remove some material from the body of the lens but I think that is now sorted. I'll try it when I get the opportunity but expect results will be broadly similar to those from the Minox.

Photo from Huawei phone, Leica lens so forum compliant.

• Like 2

Well done Michael ... pleased to hear infinity focus sorted. And Dr Kaufmann appears to approve of Russian technology https://leicarumors.com/2017/09/30/leica-executives-visited-the-russian-kmz-plant-where-the-new-zenit-full-frame-mirrorless-digital-camera-will-be-produced.aspx/ 

Look forward to seeing your Leica CL / Kiev KORSAR 35/2.8 images. 

BW

dunk