Lim's half case...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ordered it and had it in my hands (Melbourne Australia) four days later, not bad !!! 

Looks good, easy to access the battery & card, the dovetail plate works with my Arca Swiss head on my tripod. Very happy with my purchase....

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Astropap said:

I always get LIM cases. They fit well and the grip really helps. Hard to get the battery and SD card out though. 

Amy

Th battery is a a bit easier, but the sd card not - use the compartment springs, meaning push the sd card a little bit as to make it lock down, and and then just let it "jump" a little bit. The battery lock spring is a bit stronger

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 2:56 AM, oldsalt said:

Ordered it and had it in my hands (Melbourne Australia) four days later, not bad !!! 

Looks good, easy to access the battery & card, the dovetail plate works with my Arca Swiss head on my tripod. Very happy with my purchase....

How do you find using it with the Leica thumb grip? I’ve had my Lim’s case for a year and am very happy with it but just wondering whether the combo would be even better with a thumb grip. Just a bit worried it will get in the way of the right-hand wheel, which I use quite a bit for exposure adjustment. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 12/7/2021 at 3:57 PM, oldsalt said:

The thumb grip makes the camera feel so much better in my hand, and I also use the wheel for exposure adjustment and find it O.K.

The camera just feels "more secure" ..... 

cheers

^^this. I think the thumb grip is compulsory. I have the Leica half case and the Lim’s. I use the Lims more for sure. 

22 hours ago, GeorgiC said:

I hate how tall the camera becomes. It adds unnecessary bulkiness at the bottom.. why!?

arca-swiss compatible dovetail - maybe could have been refined a bit, but the base palter jams still have to "bite" enough material to make it secure

It's a compromise. More than the convenience of tripod mounting, I now feel less concerned placing my camera down - yes the lens will make it tilt forwards but I have an op/tech bonnet on all the time instead of a lens cap

I first bought the Leica case for the Q2. I was disappointed that I had to remove it to get at the card and battery. Since I'v purchased the Lim's case.

It's well made and allows access to the card and battery. I will be using I from now on.   

• 1 month later...

I like the Lim's.

• 2 weeks later...

My problem with the Lim is that the screw gets loose... I have had it fall off a couple of times and now it is a big banged up. I was shooting this weekend with a bunch of Fuji X100 owners and yeah, the Q2 is bigger, but the LIM makes it even more bigger. I think I am just going to go without it to get the most compact size.

2 hours ago, travelfotographer said:

My problem with the Lim is that the screw gets loose... I have had it fall off a couple of times and now it is a big banged up. I was shooting this weekend with a bunch of Fuji X100 owners and yeah, the Q2 is bigger, but the LIM makes it even more bigger. I think I am just going to go without it to get the most compact size.

that's odd - do you remove the case often? 

I with the  bottom plate was a bit thinner - that's my only grief with it. I would rather have L bracket, but none I have seen have an opening for battery and SD card

15 hours ago, nwphil said:

that's odd - do you remove the case often? 

I with the  bottom plate was a bit thinner - that's my only grief with it. I would rather have L bracket, but none I have seen have an opening for battery and SD card

Apparently the RRS L bracket provides this access. Out of stock on their website but shown as in stock at B&H:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1509242-REG/really_right_stuff_bq2_lpg_l_plate_with_grip_for.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alan Friedman said:

Apparently the RRS L bracket provides this access. Out of stock on their website but shown as in stock at B&H:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1509242-REG/really_right_stuff_bq2_lpg_l_plate_with_grip_for.html

ah! how did I miss this? indeed it does, and ofcourse out-of-stock....I might ending getting rid of the Lim's, as I don't care for the leather(ete) coverage

Edited by nwphil

• 1 year later...

LIM’s Half case was my absolute favorite case for the Q2.

I particularly liked the built in grip and the discrete Arca Swiss compatible mount built into the base. Also I did not find the case to be too bulky or heavy. 

I’ve now sold my Q2 and its case and would really like to buy a LIM case for Q3 which is on order.

Does anyone know if LIM has released a Q3 case?

Edited by NicholasT

On 2/16/2022 at 9:51 AM, oldsalt said:

My Lim's case fell off during a long walk, I didn't realise this had happened...and it was "lost"... so that was the end of my Lim's... now I have the RRS and it's great.

cheers

Mine fell off too. I knew it was getting loose but without any coins in these post pandemic days I had nothing to tighten it with. I didn’t notice when it actually fell off but fortunately had only gone about a quarter of a mile so was able to go back and retrieve it. I now carry a coin just in case.