Leica M240 hangs / freezes on startup after updating from 2.0.6 to 2.10

christionk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, i'm new in leica stuff here.
I bought a used m240 mint condition on february 2021 and it works flawlessly without any trouble, no black lines, no freezes no nothing...all is good.
then i updated to 2.1.0 ( full battery and successfull installation ), however not long after that, my m240 now hangs / freezes on startup on many occassions.
i have tried formatting the sd card with sd formatter software, using sandisk 32 95mb/s / 64gb 95mb/s / 64gb 170mb/s without any luck.
and the camera hangs more often now than before.
sometimes the hangs is so bad, i need to remove the battery and leave the camera without any battery for 5 minutes or more to restart the camera again.

is there any way to downgrade the firmware? i also saw that the firmware page on the leica official website doesnt show leica m240 firmwares again

have i bricked my camera ? but the firmware install is successfull..

and how can i contact leica support ? there's no official leica service centre in my country ( indonesia )

im sorry for my bad english grammars , and i hope someone can help me with this problem.

There is a Leica store in Singapore that you can call or email.  You can also email Wetzlar directly.  info@leica-camera.com

No roll back for firmware update and never heard problem for updates. The update you had mostly for new lens profiles.

Where you live is very humid, get yourself a camera dehumidifying dry cabinet for optical equipment. 

Edited by jaeger

2 hours ago, jaeger said:

There is a Leica store in Singapore that you can call or email.  You can also email Wetzlar directly.  info@leica-camera.com

No roll back for firmware update and never heard problem for updates. The update you had mostly for new lens profiles.

Where you live is very humid, get yourself a camera dehumidifying dry cabinet for optical equipment. 

thankyou for the information, i'll try to email wetzlar directly.
i also tried to email leica singapore yesterday, but no response yet. Hopefully there will be good news from sgp.

i always keep my gears in dry cabinet fyi. i wonder what's the correlation between hang ups and humidity ?

Try formatting the card in the camera. Never delete anything from the card on a computer, always delete/format the card in the camera. Copy images onto the computer, don't move them.

I had nightmare problems with my M240 hanging when I used sdformatter etc, culminating in a shoot where it hung every 3 or 4 pictures. Since I started doing this it has hung maybe twice in 6 years.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Further, i don't update my electronica every time a new update pre sents itself.  It may just cover a new lens, which might be irrelevant.  Or a new waste of time on something on my mobile phone for example.

There are many instances of past updates causing program problems.

I only format in camera (M-P) after copying files to my main computer and then later importing them to LR. Haven't used SDFormatter for couple of years now.  I always use the same card in my various cameras, don't substitute or swap.

Hope you can get it all working properly...