Summilux 35 asph FLE problem flare

Ginko66

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello, I took this photo against the light with the monochrome ccd and the summilux 35 Fle lens. I wonder if this glow is normal, or is there some problem with the floating lnte, thanks to whoever helps me to solve

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

vor 1 Minute schrieb jaapv:

It looks like the sun reflected on a window opposite the camera and the rings are probably a reflection off the edge of a filter ring. Do you use silver-coloured filters? They tend to do so. 

I agree, this looks like a filter issue. 35mm lux is in general well controlled 

57 minutes ago, SiggiGun said:

Sono d'accordo, sembra un problema di filtro. Il lux di 35 mm è in generale ben controllato 

hello, a black Leica-branded protective filter is mounted on the lens.  the lenses are perfect, there are no streaks or dirt inside.  I doubt that the problem is with the floating lens.

Next time, @Ginko66

take the pic without filter, you would see by yourself that filter + contre-jour = uncontrolled reflections.

Experiment with the MC / HMC from many brands ... filters gave me this 'troubles'.

Since that day of UV/IR Leica filter, I use less and less protective / UV/IR filters (only colored filters )

Edited by a.noctilux

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Ginko66 said:

hello, a black Leica-branded protective filter is mounted on the lens.  the lenses are perfect, there are no streaks or dirt inside.  I doubt that the problem is with the floating lens.

Well, there you have the cause. Leica filters are decent, but certainly not the best - and any filter will flare and reflect in these circumstances. Never use them contrejour.

6 hours ago, jaapv said:

Well, there you have the cause. Leica filters are decent, but certainly not the best - and any filter will flare and reflect in these circumstances. Never use them contrejour.

Thanks for the answers, now I'll do some tests without using the filter, then I'll let you know, see you soon