long time exposure Leica SL-2s - favor request, RAW file

iczek

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome,

I would like a favor to the user of the Leica SL2-s or SL2 camera.

I am looking for RAW pictures taken with the long-time-exposure-noise-reduction mode on and off (1-3 minutes exposure needed)

I had a Leica SL that did not have the option to turn off automatic LENR, but I know that this option was added to the SL2-s model and before I decide to buy the SL-2S, I would like to see how it works in practice.

I usually photograph long exposure time (seascapes) of exposure in the range of 1-3 minutes and I would be very grateful if someone from the forum sent me a RAW file with this exposure time.
I will be very obliged for your help!
Contact me by email: piotriczek (teta) gmail.com

Edited by iczek

10 hours ago, iczek said:

I just would like to add that I know this video about problem with noise reduction even with NR on and I wonder if the newest firmware has solved that already?

This is old... this guy is like a VIP amongst VIP at Leica Switzerland (he is one of the lucky 100 owners of a Silver Noctilux 1.2 and other exotic treasures..... good for him1) and he probably got one of the very first cameras even before it was officially released..... If you follow his feed he I believe he said all this was fixed in the meantime.

I have done a couple of minute long exposure, with or without NR, and no such extreme issues for me.

Strange…  as, meantime,  I did the test today via my friend who has SL2 and did 2 min exposure for me. Everything is exactly the same as described in video :( Pictures took witj LENR On and OFF  

There is a rain of pixels when you browse the dng file via Ligthroom and almost none when you open it via Capture 1. I even did install trial C1 for test. Looks like the issue still occurs and Adobe did not resolve the software problem with SL2 raw files :(

There is no chance to use SL2 files did with exposure over 1 min on Ligthroom.