SL2 and Off Camera Flash System

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I'm trying to change/upgrade my Off Camera Flash for location from GODOX AD300PRO to PROFOTO B10x series or BRONCOLOR 80L to get higher power, but one unresolved question keep hanging and making me hesitate is because there's no brands support HSS even under manual mode(I don't use TTL mostly)

As we know, Leica doesn't help almost all the light companies to make them Leica support trigger at all in the level of over 300 watts location flashes.

So, I'm wondering if the way to connect from SL2 to flash trigger via sync cable can help to resolve HSS issue which GODOX supports under 1/400 shutter speed while PROFOTO only supports under 1/250.

Does anyone has experienced on this configuration?

FYI.

Please don't say "I can fire flash via Panasonic/Olympus/Canon/Nikon/Fujifilm trigger" cause we all know that most of the flashes can be fired, but the two issues are HSS and TTL

Non of them make SL2 can utilize these two features following my actual exams baed on all of the XPro wireless triggers for all the brands.

well a cable would not resolve anything, flash trigger cable are usually 1 pin connectors and only send trigger signal.

HSS and TTL are technologies that require the camera talking to the flash in some ways, TTL means Trough the Lens. there is always the much more useable Hi-Sync from Elinchrom, and yes not supported for leica.

I think the only way you can get what you are thinking is to use Multiple Leica SF60 flashes, like 6 in a bundle.
There is always the Nissin MG10 what flames 165ws, battery powered and slow rechange.

The more sensible is using you AD300 and an ND filter on the lens in manual mode.

In any case I have used the AD200 in low power for portraits in daylight at 1/500s with no problem 

If you look in the forum, this has been talked before..

14 minutes ago, Photoworks said:

well a cable would not resolve anything, flash trigger cable are usually 1 pin connectors and only send trigger signal.

HSS and TTL are technologies that require the camera talking to the flash in some ways, TTL means Trough the Lens. there is always the much more useable Hi-Sync from Elinchrom, and yes not supported for leica.

I think the only way you can get what you are thinking is to use Multiple Leica SF60 flashes, like 6 in a bundle.
There is always the Nissin MG10 what flames 165ws, battery powered and slow rechange.

The more sensible is using you AD300 and an ND filter on the lens in manual mode.

In any case I have used the AD200 in low power for portraits in daylight at 1/500s with no problem 

If you look in the forum, this has been talked before..

The alternates you proposed are not exactly fit to my plan which is not just the amount of power, but how easy to handle or light position issues like softboxes.

Many thanks for your wisdom on this subject anyway :)