Leica FOTOS app no longer working under iOS 15.

Johannes Adriaan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Since updating my iPad to iOS 15 the Leica FOTOS app has stopped working with my Leica SL and Q. The app worked flawlessly under iOS 14, and still does function from my iPhone (which has the previous iOS). I am able st setup a network connection on the camera (create WLAN or join local WLAN). I have tried deleting both cameras and scanned the code to setup a new camera from the app, but when I try to establish a connection, I get an error saying this is not possible. Needless to say I have tried restarting  the iPad and the cameras, but this doesn’t get me any further.

Does anyone have similar issues and a possible fix?

thanks, Johannes 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - I'm having the same issue with my Leica Q. 

Ever since I updated to iOS 15, the Leica FOTOS app will connect, but say "no photos found."

I have tried to delete the app, and reinstall the app. I have tried to reset the WLAN setting in the camera. I have tried the app on different phones (4 in total). All with the same result. 

It's very frustrating to have to physically connect my camera to my laptop to transfer photos. 

Any luck from any in getting a response from Leica?

Thanks,

Seth

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

Since a few days the Leica Fotos app does not connect to my SL2-S and D Lux 7 anymore. I deleted the app, reinstalled it from the Apple store, deleted the "old" iPhone and iPad connections, and proceeded with the Bluetooth pairing. It just keeps looking for the cameras but no connection. All firmware is up to date.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

I gave the same problem. At the beginning I paired my D Lux 7 ok and downloaded photo but since my phone run an update the app only shows first 29 photos taken before the phone update. I deleted and reinstalled the app, I deleted and paired again the camera and the same issue persists. Only first 29 photos and nothing taken after

• 5 weeks later...

I recently took my Q2 and I'am having the same issue. I tried it so many time and I tried it with all kinds of combinations with different Leica cameras and different apple devices at my autoxloo(iPhone SE/6s/X/Xs and iPad). The only combination that didn't work is the one I have, Q2 and my iPhone X, all other combinations worked just fine. I reseted both my Q2 and my iPhone X, which can be considered as two new devices, and they didn't talk. I've send request to Leica and I hope them can take a look, see if there is a reason that Q2 doesn't talk to particular devices. I really hope that this is not a hardware compatibility issue though.

• 1 month later...