Jump to content

The lever that shall not be touched


KFo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So today, I actually used the framing pre-view lever on my M10P.  Up til this afternoon I had thought  of it as a cute anachronism for yesterday's photographers.

Not so much I guess...it was handy!  Saved me a lens change after observing the difference would  not be important, interesting, or even what I was thinking.

Learn something new (old) eveyday!

Link to post
Share on other sites

vor 18 Minuten schrieb evikne:

I don't know what I do wrong, but my viewfinder window always looks like this. I clean it all the time, but shortly after, it's just as dirty again. 😬

No Problem. Use one of them. But these are for the Monochrome only :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks for the tips, imaginary and otherwise ... 🙂 I have been stitching together four frames from my 50mm to make a 24 - 28 ish mm wide angle shots, and now I realise I can preview with the 28mm framelines before I shoot ...

Also, I saw a video a while back from Leica where the head of product development I think stressed the importance of carrying a cloth to wipe the vf and rf windows, and it really does help a lot! I now have a Spudz 10x10 hooked on my strap in its tidy protective pouch all ready to go 

And yeah, now it's getting cold I guess I'll have to start wearing these:

Edited by Datsch
Link to post
Share on other sites

vor 33 Minuten schrieb Datsch:

 

And yeah, now it's getting cold I guess I'll have to start wearing these:

Oh I see you found one for the Non-Monochrome ones :) 

Edited by TeleElmar135mm
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TeleElmar135mm said:

Oh I see you found one for the Non-Monochrome ones :) 

Yeah, they only had these Adobe RGB ones as the sRGB Color Space gloves were out of stock ... Fortunately I can just go Item>ColorSpace>AdjustGloveSpectrum in LR and everything comes out OK in the wash ...

The default white balance you get using these gloves is a little on the warm side, as you would expect 😆

Edited by Datsch
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Datsch said:

Thanks for the tips, imaginary and otherwise ... 🙂 I have been stitching together four frames from my 50mm to make a 24 - 28 ish mm wide angle shots, and now I realise I can preview with the 28mm framelines before I shoot ...

Also, I saw a video a while back from Leica where the head of product development I think stressed the importance of carrying a cloth to wipe the vf and rf windows, and it really does help a lot! I now have a Spudz 10x10 hooked on my strap in its tidy protective pouch all ready to go 

And yeah, now it's getting cold I guess I'll have to start wearing these:

 

Wool, probably from the tweed jackets of the day, always seemed to make it’s way on the the film gate on old newsreels … probably also has an affinity with todays sensors.

The frame-line lever is also handy for creating offset horizon or vertical reference lines.

Edited by FrozenInTime
Link to post
Share on other sites

Constantly cleaning the windows is a PITA. That is why the M3 had the raised frames around the VF windows, to keep your fingers away from the glass! I often wonder why Leica did away with these after the M3. Either to save costs, or to make the camera look more streamlined.

Likewise, the preview lever had been eliminated with the M240, but brought it back again with the M-P. It is a very useful lever indeed.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, derleicaman said:

Constantly cleaning the windows is a PITA. That is why the M3 had the raised frames around the VF windows, to keep your fingers away from the glass! I often wonder why Leica did away with these after the M3. Either to save costs, or to make the camera look more streamlined.

Likewise, the preview lever had been eliminated with the M240, but brought it back again with the M-P. It is a very useful lever indeed.

 

Knowing Leica's at times glacial yet insightful improvements maybe by the time M2 was developed somebody thought of replacing optical VF with something else, nowadays we talk of EVF 😂.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is the same problem everybody has with his spectacles. You can make what you want, after a short time fingerprints are present, wether the glasses are coated or not. Contact lenses are not possible (would be nice but ...) and I think if there is a coating or something else possible, Leica would use it. Not only because of the little story happened to me:

I remember years ago when I was in Wetzlar and the pleasant woman from the CC give  me my M9 back, she wiped all the windows from the "Messsucher" and said I can't let you go with a non clean viewer. But also this didn't help :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...