The lever that shall not be touched

KFo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So today, I actually used the framing pre-view lever on my M10P.  Up til this afternoon I had thought  of it as a cute anachronism for yesterday's photographers.

Not so much I guess...it was handy!  Saved me a lens change after observing the difference would  not be important, interesting, or even what I was thinking.

Learn something new (old) eveyday!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Slender said:

Up Next: Clean this viewfinder window and magically gain a ton of contrast. 😅

I don't know what I do wrong, but my viewfinder window always looks like this. I clean it all the time, but shortly after, it's just as dirty again. 😬

• Haha 3

vor 18 Minuten schrieb evikne:

I don't know what I do wrong, but my viewfinder window always looks like this. I clean it all the time, but shortly after, it's just as dirty again. 😬

No Problem. Use one of them. But these are for the Monochrome only :)

• Haha 7

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks for the tips, imaginary and otherwise ... 🙂 I have been stitching together four frames from my 50mm to make a 24 - 28 ish mm wide angle shots, and now I realise I can preview with the 28mm framelines before I shoot ...

Also, I saw a video a while back from Leica where the head of product development I think stressed the importance of carrying a cloth to wipe the vf and rf windows, and it really does help a lot! I now have a Spudz 10x10 hooked on my strap in its tidy protective pouch all ready to go 

And yeah, now it's getting cold I guess I'll have to start wearing these:

Edited by Datsch
  • Haha 3

vor 33 Minuten schrieb Datsch:

Oh I see you found one for the Non-Monochrome ones :) 

Edited by TeleElmar135mm
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TeleElmar135mm said:

Oh I see you found one for the Non-Monochrome ones :) 

Yeah, they only had these Adobe RGB ones as the sRGB Color Space gloves were out of stock ... Fortunately I can just go Item>ColorSpace>AdjustGloveSpectrum in LR and everything comes out OK in the wash ...

The default white balance you get using these gloves is a little on the warm side, as you would expect 😆

Edited by Datsch
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Datsch said:

Thanks for the tips, imaginary and otherwise ... 🙂 I have been stitching together four frames from my 50mm to make a 24 - 28 ish mm wide angle shots, and now I realise I can preview with the 28mm framelines before I shoot ...

Also, I saw a video a while back from Leica where the head of product development I think stressed the importance of carrying a cloth to wipe the vf and rf windows, and it really does help a lot! I now have a Spudz 10x10 hooked on my strap in its tidy protective pouch all ready to go 

Wool, probably from the tweed jackets of the day, always seemed to make it’s way on the the film gate on old newsreels … probably also has an affinity with todays sensors.

The frame-line lever is also handy for creating offset horizon or vertical reference lines.

Edited by FrozenInTime
  • Like 1

Constantly cleaning the windows is a PITA. That is why the M3 had the raised frames around the VF windows, to keep your fingers away from the glass! I often wonder why Leica did away with these after the M3. Either to save costs, or to make the camera look more streamlined.

Likewise, the preview lever had been eliminated with the M240, but brought it back again with the M-P. It is a very useful lever indeed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, derleicaman said:

Constantly cleaning the windows is a PITA. That is why the M3 had the raised frames around the VF windows, to keep your fingers away from the glass! I often wonder why Leica did away with these after the M3. Either to save costs, or to make the camera look more streamlined.

Likewise, the preview lever had been eliminated with the M240, but brought it back again with the M-P. It is a very useful lever indeed.

Knowing Leica's at times glacial yet insightful improvements maybe by the time M2 was developed somebody thought of replacing optical VF with something else, nowadays we talk of EVF 😂.  

• Like 1

I think it is the same problem everybody has with his spectacles. You can make what you want, after a short time fingerprints are present, wether the glasses are coated or not. Contact lenses are not possible (would be nice but ...) and I think if there is a coating or something else possible, Leica would use it. Not only because of the little story happened to me:

I remember years ago when I was in Wetzlar and the pleasant woman from the CC give  me my M9 back, she wiped all the windows from the "Messsucher" and said I can't let you go with a non clean viewer. But also this didn't help :) 

• Like 1