TTArtisan 28mm f5.6

davorb

Advertisement (gone after registration)

8 hours ago, squarenegs said:

So... You didn't see my post right abovc yours?

I've included a link for a .DNG download of my image file.

I got my lens on Monday Jan. 03/2022

Lovely build quality, decent (as expected) image quality

and HUGE bang for my bucks!

Regards

Sam

Thanks Sam for the quick review, I did see your post, that’s why I asked if anyone else had picked up the lens as well. There seems to be quite a bit of interest around it. 

• Like 1

Am 22.11.2021 um 15:37 schrieb Capuccino-Muffin:

The Summaron is very sharp all the way to the corners.

The Summaron is a HIGH-contrast lens.

The Summaron has falloff. But falloff does not mean “soft” nor “Low contrast”. It means that it vaccuums the attention to the center of the image. Adds a mood.

I do 100% agree with this!

I have both here for side by side comparison.

The TTARTISAN and the Summaron.

The Summaron is sharper and does shoe more microcontrast. With that saying the TTARTISAN shows good sharpness too. Also in the corners.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The TTARTISAN is almost without any vignetting.

Built wise, the Leica is superior, still the TT is also quite well built.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CYJernIBstW/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, Mefty said:

I do 100% agree with this!

I have both here for side by side comparison.

The TTARTISAN and the Summaron.

The Summaron is sharper and does shoe more microcontrast. With that saying the TTARTISAN shows good sharpness too. Also in the corners.

The TTARTISAN is almost without any vignetting.

Built wise, the Leica is superior, still the TT is also quite well built.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CYJernIBstW/?utm_medium=copy_link

What specifically is superior regarding build quality with the leica lens? just curious.

16 minutes ago, steve 1959 said:

What specifically is superior regarding build quality with the leica lens? just curious.

Tolerances between the helicoid and the focusing mechanism and the mount. Choice of materials with regard to heat and cold and how they function. Glass formulas for the lens blanks. Coatings. Quality of the machined parts. Grind and polishing of the lens elements.

4 hours ago, jdlaing said:

Tolerances between the helicoid and the focusing mechanism and the mount. Choice of materials with regard to heat and cold and how they function. Glass formulas for the lens blanks. Coatings. Quality of the machined parts. Grind and polishing of the lens elements.

Rubbish and do you always speak for other posters?

All that stuff is pure assumption but what i am asking the other poster [not you] is what difference he noticed? i meant what difference without taking the lens apart or visiting the respective production lines.

Edited by steve 1959

13 minutes ago, steve 1959 said:

Rubbish and do you always speak for other posters?

All that stuff is pure assumption but what i am asking the other poster [not you] is what difference he noticed? i meant what difference without taking the lens apart or visiting the respective production lines.

Rubbish

• Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 6 Stunden schrieb steve 1959:

As I said, the TTArtisan is quite well built.

The Leica although has cleaner engravings (as I produced pack shots with a macro it got quite obvious….nothing to be concerned in daily use…so far), the aperture ring has cleaner clicks (don’t know how to explain it) and doesn‘t feel to loose, the infinity lock (whether you like it or not) is pretty useless with the TTArtisan. It doesn‘t take much to push it out of the lock.

Speaking of infinity: In infinity position, the rangefinder is completely of with the TTArtisan. Okay 5.6 at near infinity is no problem at all in the end (in the picture) but looking through the viewfinder it irritated me.

After on day of using the lenshood of the TTArtisan shows „lot of“ brass….no I didn‘t bumped it around.

All in all the Summaron is built with more accuracy.

But again, it is not a bad lens by any means.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mefty said:

As I said, the TTArtisan is quite well built.

The Leica although has cleaner engravings (as I produced pack shots with a macro it got quite obvious….nothing to be concerned in daily use…so far), the aperture ring has cleaner clicks (don’t know how to explain it) and doesn‘t feel to loose, the infinity lock (whether you like it or not) is pretty useless with the TTArtisan. It doesn‘t take much to push it out of the lock.

Speaking of infinity: In infinity position, the rangefinder is completely of with the TTArtisan. Okay 5.6 at near infinity is no problem at all in the end (in the picture) but looking through the viewfinder it irritated me.

After on day of using the lenshood of the TTArtisan shows „lot of“ brass….no I didn‘t bumped it around.

All in all the Summaron is built with more accuracy.

But again, it is not a bad lens by any means.

Thanks for your response , very informative,

On 12/29/2021 at 7:52 PM, 吉拉德 said:

Hi, 

Here are some samples. I did not have time to really use the lens since I got it as I have been busy with work.

Nice Photos it looks great to me I like the second one because it show's a bit of the side light in the upper right corner 

that show's flare well control.

As some of the posters in this thread have written that they have received their copies I thought I'd ask whether anyone else who wrote that they had ordered one has received theirs?

Out of curiosity I've just had a look on the 'Bay and there are no entries showing lenses currently available at all. There are only only four(worldwide!) entries which come up in my search even offering the lens and all show exactly the same stock images of the same numbered lens. All 4 are based in China and "estimated" delivery times range between 9 days and four weeks...

Philip.

Edited by pippy

28 minutes ago, NigelG said:

Mine is now en route from Shenzhen and has reached the Japan Fedex hub so I'm guessing it will be here long before B+H notify me that it's finally available to collect instore in NYC...

Interesting.

After your post #154 when you mentioned placing your order I sent an e-mail to Pergear (who seem to be handling the pre-orders from not just myself but a few other members here) informing them of the situation as discussed. This was the message I received by way of a reply;

"In these few weeks, we've send lots of email to TTArtisan product department, and the answer is the same. There is a large backlog;   "...due to the lack of raw materials causing the delivery delay..."..."

I'm sure Pergear are just as keen as I am for deliveries from TTA to be received by themselves so that they can ship them out to those who have ordered one but it seems a bit unprofessional of TTA not to have fulfilled outstanding orders before selling these lenses on the open market.

Philip.

• Like 1

Well I took the view that if I ordered directly from the manufacturer I might get it sooner - on the basis that unlike Leica they don’t actually have a dealer network who need to keep regular customers happy. All 3rd party sales presumably net them a lower price…
Or maybe as I previously ordered direct from TT Artisan on Shopify maybe I qualify as a “preferred customer” 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Well; "Talk of the Devil" / "Cause and Effect"?...

This morning, four hours after having written my post #158 (and at 03:30 so the notification to my 'phone woke me up!.....grrrr...), I received this automated update from Pergear;

"Your order is on the way!...Your order is on the way. Track your shipment to see the delivery status...."

I have not yet checked to see whether it's still in China; in transit heading this way or wherever but at least I know it's now on its way to me...

Philip.

EDIT : Having just checked the Tracking Number on the WanbExpress website(*) it has an entry underneath the heading; "Origin (Carrier) / GB : United Kingdom";

"Lastest Event --21-12-16 02:05----Parcel Data Received"

As a guess does that simply mean that a UK postal carrier has received notification that the parcel is on its way?...

Philip.

* New to me! Has anyone used them previously? Any experiences to share?...

Edited by pippy
  • Like 1