TTArtisan 28mm f5.6

davorb

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It's looking good in black! Also, the inside brass is black too, which should reduce some propensity to flare or ghost.

From www.photorumors.com

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by hmzimelka
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, cboy said:

Now THAT is what I've been waiting for!  And why I held out on getting the silver version.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, the infinity focus on my ttArtisan 28 5.6 was slightly off so I recalibrated it but now Im having focusing issues elsewhere.

i managed to recalibrate using the chart but it still feels slightly out.

Is there another way of rcalibrating the lens? Im a street photogrrapher and use zone focusing.

Many Thanks

In case you are still dissatisfied, a new GOLD version will be out soon

https://weibo.com/1406762187/Lx3tZF7b4?pagetype=profilefeed

2 hours ago, Simone_DF said:

Perfect for unobtrusive candid shots...

17 hours ago, Lancashire said:

Hi, the infinity focus on my ttArtisan 28 5.6 was slightly off so I recalibrated it but now Im having focusing issues elsewhere.

i managed to recalibrate using the chart but it still feels slightly out.

Is there another way of rcalibrating the lens? Im a street photogrrapher and use zone focusing.

Many Thanks

Don't use the chart.  Calibrate it at infinity again aiming at a subject as close to infinity as you can get eg the moon, distant mountain etc.  and when you do that use the rf patch, not the infinity hard stop on the focus ring.  Every 7A/TTA lens I’ve seen focuses past infinity on the hard stop.  Some claim the TTA 28 5.6 does not but perhaps your example is the exception?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Simone_DF said:

Still waiting for the black version!  That has not been released yet.

Just got mine.  I owned the summaron and sold it as the price didn't match the performance.  I thought the ttartisans at 1/8 the price might be a nice compromise.  Performance is worse than the summaron as expected.  At the price I might be ok with that.  But I keep coming back to - why not just use my elmarit?   It has outstanding performance and is compact.  Thinking of sending back the ttartisans.  

I had always been curious about the 28mm Summaron but was never sure that I would use it enough to justify the $3,000 price tag. Well, after the glowing reviews of the TT Artisan in this thread, I purchased one for $231 from the B&H used department (graded 9 out of 10). Point of fact, the cost of this lens is LESS than the sales tax would have been on the Leica lens! It arrives Monday.

Erik

Edited by egrossman

3 hours ago, egrossman said:

I had always been curious about the 28mm Summaron but was never sure that I would use it enough to justify the $3,000 price tag. Well, after the glowing reviews of the TT Artisan in this thread, I purchased one for $231 from the B&H used department (graded 9 out of 10). Point of fact, the cost of this lens is LESS than the sales tax would have been on the Leica lens! It arrives Monday.

Erik

Aha, so now I know where my shopping cart item disappeared too 😆 
Cool, enjoy. Show some pics :)

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, rcusick said:

Just got mine.  I owned the summaron and sold it as the price didn't match the performance.  I thought the ttartisans at 1/8 the price might be a nice compromise.  Performance is worse than the summaron as expected.  At the price I might be ok with that.  But I keep coming back to - why not just use my elmarit?   It has outstanding performance and is compact.  Thinking of sending back the ttartisans.  

I feel the same about my CV 28 3.5.  Same size as the TTA 28 5.6, but faster and optically "better".  I also felt the same about my Elmarit, but then sold it and replaced it w a Summicron.

12 hours ago, hmzimelka said:

Aha, so now I know where my shopping cart item disappeared too 😆 
Cool, enjoy. Show some pics :)

B&H appear to have listed another one for sale in the used department. Wonder if it's new stock they are selling as used? 

Erik

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, rcusick said:

Debating that as well...

Debating what? Whether to keep the CV or the Elmarit?  I have to say that this thread has piqued my interest in the CV 28 3.5 and 28 is not even my preferred focal length (35mm is)!

I will wait until I get the $231 TT Artisan lens on Monday before deciding whether to spend 3x as much on the better CV lens.

Erik

The TTA is my only M 28, so in spite of my sample tending to flare in some lighting, I'll stick with it, as I've use M cameras for over 50 years without a 28. I do keep a small 21 in my kit, and the TTA is tiny enough to join it in case I need it sometime. On Digital 35 is my normal, with 50 & 90 for another 40% use.

On 6/16/2022 at 9:56 AM, Huss said:

I feel the same about my CV 28 3.5.  Same size as the TTA 28 5.6, but faster and optically "better".  I also felt the same about my Elmarit, but then sold it and replaced it w a Summicron.

Thanks, Huss!  

• Haha 1

Short story. I first bought an Elmarit 28 Asph (current) in 2018 and loved it... After I sold it :lol: ! I regretted it, of course. Since then, never sell a Leica lens again.

It's a true gem: sharp, almost no cons, and nice 3d pop even at 2.8 at MFD. I didn't get used to the "constricted" frame lines during my first two months with M. I'm definitely a 35mm lover, and I use 28mm only when I want more context. It's a very interesting focal length, no doubt. But usually, I prefer the 35mm.

If one a day I buy a 28mm, it would be one of the last two versions of the Summicron Asph or (again) the Elmarit. Today, I have only a silver TTA, and I really like it. It just delivers for me what I want for an an-almost-point-&-shoot lens. I taped all other apertures: f8 only, and be there. It works like a charm for me.
I already have a 28mm in my Q2M and one tiny pancake for M, so I don't need any extra 28mm so far. I would prefer another 35mm, though I have a few. The 28mm focal length is my 3rd most used FL, after 35mm and 50mm.

Edited by Dennis
  • Like 2