Athens - Dinner and Meeting Details

andybarton

On 5/18/2022 at 5:56 PM, jcraf said:

Mrs C and I are starting to look at hotels and flights now. Looking forward to it.

Seville seems a long time ago….

It was so long ago, you were twice the man you are now :D 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sandokan said:

It was so long ago, you were twice the man you are now :D 

You are too kind Ravi. However, as they say, it’s keeping it off that’s the difficult bit….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just had a quick meeting with my 2 French sidekicks about Athens: we might induce another one to come with us. The consent is that it would be better to get an AirB&b rather that a hotel.

We discussed the eventual purchase of Oscar Barnack camera at 1 000 000€ starting price: I thought we could bid 1 000 001€. They generously said they'd be willing to put up the 1€. Great friends!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Accommodation confirmed. I'll let my sidekicks deal themselves with their flights. We will arrive on the 13th at 22.05 local and depart on the 16th at 16.05, flying Aegean Airlines.

I guess that means we won't be able to afford the 1 000 000 € + Oscar Barnack paperweight 🤔

On 11/19/2021 at 5:13 PM, andybarton said:

Saturday 15th October 2022

Noon.

Somewhere in Athens...

Could anybody please guide in which part of Athens the official lunch/dinner etc. will likely take place, if already planned/decided. Would help enormously to choose accommodation from the ~4000 alternatives available in AirBnB & Booking.com.

Thanks,   Arto

Arto

It’s not been decided yet, but Ravi ( @Sandokan ) was there last year testing every bar, taverna and restaurant in the city (almost) on our behalf, so I will touch base with him and move this forwards.

I look forward to seeing you there!

For what it’s worth, we have rented an apartment near the park with Hadrian’s Arch and not far from the Acropolis metro station

I have to say I’m really looking forward to this. Just to travel and find some sun on my back will be a real treat. 

Sitting in my garden, watching all the flights coming into Manchester Airport at 5,000 feet over the field next door, is getting my wanderlust going, I’m afraid. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All booked on easyJet for just over a hundred quid a ticket. Decided to stay until Tuesday the 18th, as the 17th is our 52nd wedding anniversary and I thought a meal in Greece would be probably cheaper than back in Blighty. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• andybarton changed the title to Athens - Dinner and Meeting Details