Athens - Dinner and Meeting Details

andybarton

5 hours ago, erl said:

Notoriously I have opted in at the last minute, saying this one will be my last. This time life's circumstances have overtaken me. My health has taken a wobble and I have allowed my passport to expire. I

Hello John, thanks for your message; you are sorely missed and I hope you'll get better and join us again.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Michael Geschlecht said:

This time life's circumstances have overtaken me. My health has taken a wobble

Really sorry to hear of your health wobble, John, and I hope you manage to overcome it quickly, comfortably, and inexpensively.  Your presence at the One Challenge will certainly be missed.  (Ah, so that's why you were so keen to buy me a beer on the afternoon of the Challenge?! :lol:) Please give Jupiter several extended pats from me!

Pete.

• Thanks 1

The final sheet

Over to you @Sandokan

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Thanks 4

On 9/7/2022 at 12:31 PM, farnz said:

Really sorry to hear of your health wobble, John, and I hope you manage to overcome it quickly, comfortably, and inexpensively.  Your presence at the One Challenge will certainly be missed.  (Ah, so that's why you were so keen to buy me a beer on the afternoon of the Challenge?! :lol:) Please give Jupiter several extended pats from me!

Pete.

Me too, John. It would have been great to see you again, and have a beer with you. And of course I was looking forward to being beaten by you into 2nd place again ( à la New York challenge 🤣. I should be so lucky…..).

I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery. As Farnz says, you will certainly be missed in Athens.
John

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dinner hoices have been made, but they asked me which starters we will book. 

On behalf of us all, I made the following choices based on eating more vegetables and getting some local dishes in (which led to the mushrooms, feta cheese and aubergine) and dropping the prosciutto which sounded good but not very local. Spring rolls ... I may regret that later :)

1. Eggplant rolls with bacon and Metsovone cheese
  2. Spring rolls with vegetables and sweet chili sauce
  3. Feta cheese in crispy filo pastry with honey and roasted sesame seeds
  4. Pleurotus mushrooms with parmesan, fresh herbs and caramelized balsamic vinegar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 9/9/2022 at 9:03 AM, Sandokan said:

Dinner hoices have been made, but they asked me which starters we will book. 

On behalf of us all, I made the following choices based on eating more vegetables and getting some local dishes in (which led to the mushrooms, feta cheese and aubergine) and dropping the prosciutto which sounded good but not very local. Spring rolls ... I may regret that later :)

1. Eggplant rolls with bacon and Metsovone cheese
  2. Spring rolls with vegetables and sweet chili sauce
  3. Feta cheese in crispy filo pastry with honey and roasted sesame seeds
  4. Pleurotus mushrooms with parmesan, fresh herbs and caramelized balsamic vinegar

Since you are bringing it up, Ravi, I forgot to mention my vegetable intolerance :)

Thanks a lot for arranging the dinner

Stefan

• Haha 1