Lens Cap for the 75 Noctilux

frogfisher

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As beautiful and smooth as the Leica M metal caps appear, so totally useless they are. They all fall off so easily. Same goes for the 75 Noctilux metal cap. The plastic ones are not much better in use - too fiddely for my clumpsy fingers. Playing a little with my Leica totally useless gearbox and accessoirs, I discovered that the XU original rubber lens cap fits perfectly to the Nocti, while being even more totally useless for the XU - because it fells off even easier from the xu lens as the metal caps from their destinated lenses. Anyway this combo is almost made in heaven to me. Rubber sits snug, protects perfectly, balances just right and is more pleasing to the butt, while stored in the backpocket of my pants as the metal or plastic ones. By the way, the metal shade of the 24-70 Vario-SL is a perfect match to the 50 Summilux SL 🎉

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by frogfisher
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, frogfisher said:

Anyway this combo is almost made in heaven to me. Rubber sits snug, protects perfectly, balances just right and is more pleasing to the butt,

Thanks for the idea, frogfish. I went looking for one for my 75 Noct but unfortunately I was informed by a Leica dealer that it's been discontinued. :(

Pete.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb farnz:

Thanks for the idea, frogfish. I went looking for one for my 75 Noct but unfortunately I was informed by a Leica dealer that it's been discontinued. :(

Pete.

Buy a used X-U, get a great camera plus a nice rubber cap for your Noct 😃

Edited by frogfisher
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, frogfisher said:

Buy a used X-U, get a great camera plus a nice rubber cap for your Noct 😃

I found one at B&H so hopefully that'll turn up in a week or two.  Shipping from NY to London was painful but less than buying a used X-U I expect. :lol:

Pete.