Giottos LCD protector--safe removal??

GulbadinNaib

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

The Giottos SP8300 screen protector that came with the camera recently got a small chip on the edge that quickly evolved into a few hairline cracks across the glass. How can I safely remove it? 

I have read a few recommendations (heat it up with a hair dryer and pry it loose to remove it) but I don't feel comfortable about heating up the camera, and a few people said that removing the screen protector made the LCD screen also pop! Also it's already cracked and I suspect removal would be more difficult.

Any experience with that? Would it be better to go to a camera repair (unless they charge $$$)?

Thanks!

I have successfully removed old screen protectors with the use of a length of dental floss carefully looped under a corner of the protector and gently pulled from side to side under the protector. Some glue residue usually remains, but that can then be cleaned off afterwards.

Alan

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2021 at 4:22 PM, GulbadinNaib said:

Hi all,

The Giottos SP8300 screen protector that came with the camera recently got a small chip on the edge that quickly evolved into a few hairline cracks across the glass. How can I safely remove it?  omegle  xender

I have read a few recommendations (heat it up with a hair dryer and pry it loose to remove it) but I don't feel comfortable about heating up the camera, and a few people said that removing the screen protector made the LCD screen also pop! Also it's already cracked and I suspect removal would be more difficult.

Any experience with that? Would it be better to go to a camera repair (unless they charge $$$)?

Thanks!

thankyou