Loud Unpleasant Mechanical Sound Appeared Suddenly

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This loud noise appeared suddenly. I'm not sure if it has affected any other part of the camera, but I do feel like autofocus isn't working as well anymore...

I've heard OIS can make sound it is normal, but this sound is NOT the same as the when i first camera. Originally it sounded crisp, now it was a gear grinding feel to it that seems.... Off...

I've reseted the camera multiple times... Any insight on what to do? 

Camera is 2 week old.

1 hour ago, jaapv said:

Welcome :) What to do? Consult your Leica dealer or Store.

I went to the Leica store in NYC. The guy said it was fine, and showed my that their display model also makes a sound, when turning on, but it sounded nothing like mine... Much simpler click, no gears grinding or whatnot...

It might be a non issue, but now it feels like a damaged the Leica pretty much by looking at it wrong. 

35 minutes ago, Siriusone59 said:

Might try going to manual focus then re-engage in auto focus and check again.   Seems that mine made a funny noise like that once after taking a couple of shots in manual and macro mode.  Apparently I didn't have it all the way turned for auto focus and the little button hadn't popped out completely.

Tried that! No luck! Can anyone confirm if the sound is out if ordinary or does it sound like that for everyone?