OhOh, future of CL?

PDP

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I can see why the CL might be discontinued: when I was looking to upgrade my X2 I couldn’t make up my mind between the Q2 and the CL+23mm/f2, with the Q2 seeming a much better camera for only 20% more. In comparison, the CL seemed overpriced. I bet the CL2 would be even more expensive. The Q2 is killing the CL…

28 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I think I can see why the CL might be discontinued: when I was looking to upgrade my X2 I couldn’t make up my mind between the Q2 and the CL+23mm/f2, with the Q2 seeming a much better camera for only 20% more. In comparison, the CL seemed overpriced. I bet the CL2 would be even more expensive. The Q2 is killing the CL…

Good luck taking a 90mm or above shot with the Q2.

35 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

This seems to suggest Leica should offer CL + 23mm as a third kit option along side the 18mm and 18-56mm kits.

Edited by cpclee

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

I am upgrading from an X2… the comparison would be the 90mm crops from the summicron 23mm and the Q2

Cropping 23mm doesn't yield same picture/perspective as say 90mm not mentioning pixel count. Both different from zooming 23mm with one's feet too

1 hour ago, RM8 said:

But different from tele zoom both optical and pedestrian

Telezooms don't change perspective compared to the same focal length either. The only thing that determines perspective is the position of the camera.

17 minutes ago, Le Chef said:

With a CL the whole point is you don’t have to live with one lens, so the argument is moot.

The thing is, if you buy the CL plus three lenses, it will be way more expensive than the Q2; also larger and heavier. If you are into lightness and compactness, it’s not the way to go