OhOh, future of CL?

PDP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, Louis said:

🤞🤞🤞

I can't see any development for TL camera because they are stuck in that "one-Block" shape. They already removed the flash from T to TL2 to give more space for the heating issue. Actually, Kaufman briefly pointed out the problem of heating! 

But they can do anything they wish with the CL design. They can easily make any modification as a ASPC system. Sony, among others, is making small cameras even in FF. 

Also, as I mentioned before, if Leica wants to survive, it can't just with M, and SL systems that are too expensive. An ASPC system is much more affordable to a general public, and it can also bring some cash to Leica and to the people  working at Leica who wish to stay at Leica.

If was so easy they'd have done it already ... Future is FF with GPS ... which reverts to APS when TL lenses fitted 

Edited by dkCambridgeshire

1 hour ago, dkCambridgeshire said:

If was so easy they'd have done it already ... Future is FF with GPS ... which reverts to APS when TL lenses fitted 

Let me believe that if they haven't done it already, it is because they have done nothing for quite sometime; and maybe, maybe, they are coming with something interesting when they can go back to work! ;) 

That still feels like excess. If I’m happy with the IQ and weight from a CL/TL system why would I pay more and have to carry more weight for something I don’t want? If that’s the option from Leica then I will likely choose Fuji when my CL breaks.

12 minutes ago, Louis said:

Let me believe that if they haven't done it already, it is because they have done nothing for quite sometime; and maybe, maybe, they are coming with something interesting when they can go back to work! ;) 

I agree. I have no problem with Leica telling us, as other brands seem to do, that models are held up by chip shortages, pandemics....hell, they could even blame Brexit.......just knowing they haven't abandoned the line would be nice. Then we can happily start a "What will be in the CL2 in 2025" thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LocalHero1953 said:

I agree. I have no problem with Leica telling us, as other brands seem to do, that models are held up by chip shortages, pandemics....hell, they could even blame Brexit.......just knowing they haven't abandoned the line would be nice. Then we can happily start a "What will be in the CL2 in 2025" thread.

... and then all the armchair camera designers will, as per usual, be SO disappointed ... when whatever eventually surfaces, does not meet their expectations ... especially if those expectations are recent 'armchair camera designers' amendments' ... which could not have been incorporated in a camera design commenced several years prior ... ;)

AND ... furthermore ... whatever eventually surfaces will be poo-poo'd by the usual LF naysayers ... some of whom will never ever contemplate buying a Leica digital camera .. and who will announce why it will never ever sell ... especially to professional photographers ... their naysaying thus affecting potential sales to some forum members ... As happened with the superb SL601 

Edited by dkCambridgeshire
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SoCalLeicanator said:

It sure looks like it.
But no more nonsense than here ;).

I beg to differ. From their M11 page:

- viewfinder with 5,760,000 dots, 120 fps; built-in eye sensor

- fast & precise autofocus

They also have pages for Q3, Q4, SL3, and M12, with detailed specs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Le Chef said:

Someone on that site is smoking some heavy $hit…

If one steams that website over hot water additional text will appear, such as piezo-crystal driven wobbling CMOS sensor with 1TPix/s readout allowing live 120 Mpx multishot (style SL2, but in single shot, IBIS done en-route of course). Built-in cooling circuit. Battery now external but on a convenient trolley, Leica leather handle optional extra 🤓

• Haha 2