OhOh, future of CL?

PDP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, IkarusJohn said:

Or, maybe until we actually hear something further from Leica, any news was covered on the first page?

If we hear anything about this issue from Leica; that would be the end of all discussion! lol

I wonder if those new weirdos in Leica are enjoying these discussions! lol

I recently came across this wonderful interview on Youtube in July 2020. Maybe, of course, all you people on this channel have seen it already. Dr Andreas Kaufmann, quoting Peter Karbe:

"If Oskar Barnack were living today, he would build the CL, as an APS-C camera"

I recommend to watch it in full, there are (IMHO) many insights to be had, e.g. about the (unnecessary?) race for more megapixels.

Edited by RM8
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, jaapv said:

And he is 100% right

I think he clearly answered our questions: “We don’t comment on our outgoing project!”

But he also said something like; we listen to our customers to see what they want ….

So, I think any discussion about our main subject is ending here; and all we can do is to hold our breath and wait to see…… Not very helpful for many of us, I guess! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Louis:

I think he clearly answered our questions: “We don’t comment on our outgoing project!”

But he also said something like; we listen to our customers to see what they want ….

So, I think any discussion about our main subject is ending here; and all we can do is to hold our breath and wait to see…… Not very helpful for many of us, I guess! 

Maybe. But this was in 2020. Even Leica has to cope with the shortage of chips and delivery/transport issues. Look at Sony! None of the Leica official may be able to make a prediction. Plans may be postponed or even cancelled. Some camera models may be outdated once the electronics finally arrive. 

Edited by EUSe

16 minutes ago, EUSe said:

Maybe. But this was in 2020. Even Leica has to cope with the shortage of chips and delivery/transport issues. Look at Sony! None of the Leica official may be able to make a prediction. Plans may be postponed or even cancelled. Some camera models may be outdated once the electronics finally arrive. 

Shortage, shortage, shortage!…..I also heard that privately from someone involved with Leica!….

I think this is also an important element for their decisions….. As I said before; we only have to be patient, pinch ourselves, and see…..

Edited by Louis

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Louis:

Shortage, shortage, shortage!…..I also heard that privately from someone involved with Leica!….

I think this is also an important element for their decisions….. As I said before; we only have to be patient, pinch ourselves, and see…..

Yes, I am afraid so!

38 minutes ago, Louis said:

This is from yesterday:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/6/22820922/sony-digital-camera-chip-shortage

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SrMi said:

In May 2020, Stefan Daniel said that the CL is “far from being discontinued but needs some stimulation”. He confirmed that APS-C is a part of Leica’s product range and will continue. (source: Macfilos)

🤞🤞🤞

I can't see any development for TL camera because they are stuck in that "one-Block" shape. They already removed the flash from T to TL2 to give more space for the heating issue. Actually, Kaufman briefly pointed out the problem of heating! 

But they can do anything they wish with the CL design. They can easily make any modification as a ASPC system. Sony, among others, is making small cameras even in FF. 

Also, as I mentioned before, if Leica wants to survive, it can't just with M, and SL systems that are too expensive. An ASPC system is much more affordable to a general public, and it can also bring some cash to Leica and to the people  working at Leica who wish to stay at Leica.

Edited by Louis
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1