OhOh, future of CL?

PDP

The Sony a7c may not be best comparison.. although it’s compact, it’s far from having good ergo.. the grip wasn’t comfortable at all! 
even if a CL2 comes out, it cannot and probably will not be bigger because the TL lenses need to balance well on whatever they make.. 

anyway, it’s really unlikely they’ll make any significant changes to SL or CL series bodies

Two more screen shots from leica.com. There is no sign of APS-C system in their products lineup ! ... Does it mean anything!?.... 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Only change i see since last time i came here is M240 is not listed anymore but i did not explore all the site.

41 minutes ago, Louis said:

Two more screen shots from leica.com. There is no sign of APS-C system in their products lineup ! ... Does it mean anything!?.... 

Louis,

Shoot man, I see CL lined up and mentioned just like the other cameras on leica-camera.com.  Confused here:). The TL2 too for that matter. Here's what I see on https://leica-camera.com/en-US/photography

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 10.19.49 AM.pdf

53 minutes ago, Louis said:

I'm also seeing the APS-C cameras to have been removed from some navigation links where you'd expect to see them.  The landing pages are still there, but some of the links taking you to the landing pages seem to have disappeared. 

Edited by cpclee
correction
  • Like 1

They are mentioned in another pages but not in lineup!.... Maybe we are getting a little too sensitive about this issue!.... The reason why we need some information to  plan our equipment! ... My previous post was a question, not an affirmation!

Edited by Louis
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Louis said:

They are mentioned in another pages but not in lineup!.... Maybe we are getting a little too sensitive about this issue!.... The reason why we need some information to  plan our equipment! ... My previous post was a question, not an affirmation!

perhaps they're making a new page for the CL2 ;)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, steve 1959 said:

But that was a rangefinder i thought?

23 hours ago, Louis said:

I'm in France , and I'm looking at the web page , I see that they have changed the design . In the apsc CL and TL still appear but the lenses longer appear . I suppose it's just momentary.

??? 

3 hours ago, ramarren said:

If you click on TL-Lenses, you will be able to select CL or TL cameras. At least the Shop Now button works for CL. For APO-Summicron 35mm the Shop Now button leads to 404.

The original Leica Barnack models sold in quadzillions and it's not surprising why -- there were capable, compact cameras.

Today, it's not that hard to produce a sophisticated technical powerhouse of a camera -- but usability and making it reasonably compact seem to be major challenges.