Survey Leica Product Development

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Here in the Leica Forum, we have a large community of fans with
  • a lot of passion, 
  • clear ideas and
  • especially with a lot of practical experience with Leica cameras and lenses.

Leica would like to benefit from your know-how and has a survey on topics concerning future product developments.
It is completely anonymous and should take no more than 5-10 minutes.

Your participation and answers will help to better align future Leica products with customer needs.

It would be great if we could get as many Leica customers as possible to participate in order to give the Leica developers as good an idea as possible of what you want!

» To the Leica Product Development Survey

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As someone who has had an M9 and M type 240  and being a particular fan of the 50mm 0.9 noctilux; as much as I love the Leica M and it’s form factor, it’s needs an evf for help with focussing.  I’m 55 and my eyesight is not good enough. But the system has the cheap plastic and awkward ugly look of an afterthought that is the current external evf. It should be internal and integrated. Until that happens I’ll stick to my Canon R 5. But I genuinely adored the form factor of the little M system. Especially with the 50mm 1.4 Summilux. Perfect combo. And was prepared to pay a premium. So, sorry Leica. Sold all my lenses and cameras long ago because I know you’re not going to do what I want. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nichola joseph said:

As someone who has had an M9 and M type 240  and being a particular fan of the 50mm 0.9 noctilux; as much as I love the Leica M and it’s form factor, it’s needs an evf for help with focussing.  I’m 55 and my eyesight is not good enough. But the system has the cheap plastic and awkward ugly look of an afterthought that is the current external evf. It should be internal and integrated. Until that happens I’ll stick to my Canon R 5. But I genuinely adored the form factor of the little M system. Especially with the 50mm 1.4 Summilux. Perfect combo. And was prepared to pay a premium. So, sorry Leica. Sold all my lenses and cameras long ago because I know you’re not going to do what I want. 

I did the survey. I must say I follow the above. I have besides the Leica ME (which I'm selling) 240; the Leica MP and M3 a Sony A7III with Techart Adapter. I can tell you that (1) the EVF on the Sony is pleasing (2) the techart adapter let's me use my lenses with the focus system of Sony and it works almost perfect (including the eye-AF for people and animals). I think Leica should learn from this as most of us get a bit older and, yes, eyesight can be a bore, problem.

Q: Which camera do you currently use most often?

A: MP

Q: How much influence did the graphical user interface on the display have on your purchase decision?

A: not relevant

So far, so good...

Q: What would you like to improve about the current graphical user interface on the display?*

A: eerrrrr

System: *"For this question, an answer is required."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

As a survey for Leica Product Development, it is exceedingly narrow in its outlook. It provides yet more evidence that Leica is an extremely fragmented company when it comes to mainstream products.

The survey seems to have been sponsored by the S and  SL teams which, unsurprisingly, are still in place. I doubt you would find a door within Leica which opens into CL design. I guess the designers have been deployed elsewhere, as were the Leica X and X Vario teams.

More than ever, I would have thought, that cross-fertilization of ideas would have been a huge benefit to a niche designer. The questions not asked in this future product survey, tell you all you need to know about the future direction for Leica.

1 hour ago, LocalHero1953 said:

I completed the form, using the last option, for a CL - my most used camera. All my answers (except the one about the SL) referred to that.

The questions that asked for no more that three keywords were a challenge. So I used more than three words!

probably research for the new SL3/Mirrorless S4

Edited by frame-it
  • Like 1