On the road again - Robb's Leica Adventures

robb

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A bit overcast today.  Really great look on all the Nokton images.  I will try to get a 50 1.4 SL for comparison, but the Nokton really is a great size and weight.  

Nephew at Waimea Falls in Haleiwa, Hawaii - Leica SL2-S with Voigtländer Nokton VM 50mm 1.0 Aspherical MC, iso 100, 1/1250th sec at f 1.0

Robb

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful 75 degree day.  Infrastructure meets Agriculture...

Wind Farms in Middleton, Wisconsin - Leica SL2 with VE SL 24-90 asph, 70mm,  iso 250, 1/125th sec at f 8.0, heliopan circular polarizer, multishot

Robb

2 minutes ago, robb said:

Beautiful 75 degree day.  Infrastructure meets Agriculture...

Wind Farms in Middleton, Wisconsin - Leica SL2 with VE SL 24-90 asph, 70mm,  iso 250, 1/125th sec at f 8.0, heliopan circular polarizer, multishot

Robb

Beautiful shot! Would be even more so without those godawful windmills polluting the landscape...

Thanks much.  The windmills make the shot for me and my clients... 

But I'm also a fan of just the landscape.  Multishot mode on the SL2 makes this even more usable to me.  I surprised myself by also adding a couple of B-roll 4k videos while the camera was on the tripod.  Had a bird fly through left to right during those along with the wind through the corn and blades moving.  Had to zoom out with the lens to keep a similar crop with the 16:9

Robb

Across the table at a restaurant booth.  Closer than I normally shoot.  My favorite lens.  Overcast windows to my right.

AWB.  Miinimal adjustments in LR Classic.  

40 points on highlight and shadow

+10 Whites, -10 Blacks

+6, +10, +5 on Texture, Clarity, Dehaze

That's all.

Marketing Associate in Red Wing, Minnesota - Leica SL2-s with APO Summicron SL 75mm Asph, iso 500, 1/125th at f 2.0

Robb

• 3 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It’s been a busy couple of weeks on the road.  My kid got married so I’ll try to post a few of my favorite images with the SL2-s  from the event.  I was not the photographer.  We hired a local wedding pro there.  But I had fun making some images that the main person was not getting.  Everyone sees differently obviously with different styles.  

I used the 35 and 75 summicrons and the nokton 50 1.0

it was a small gathering.  I enjoyed spending time with them and getting images they will enjoy of family and friends.

Robb

Heading out on a getaway to Europe next week to celebrate my wife’s 50th.  I will get to go back and visit the Leica factory after my last visit there 20 years ago at their old shop…

I can’t wait!

Robb

Small ceremony at the wedding.  Window light from ceiling roof atrium and also side windows.  

Father Phil at Wedding in Des Moines, Iowa- Leica SL2-S with Voigtländer Nokton VM 50mm 1.0 Aspherical MC, iso 400, 1/125th sec at f 1.0

Robb

A little stopped down for this image.

Working on the dress in Des Moines, Iowa- Leica SL2-S with Voigtländer Nokton VM 50mm 1.0 Aspherical MC, iso 500, 1/125th sec at f 2.0

Robb

35 Summicron apo has way more contrast right out of the can over Nokton... but those with the 75 were all great for traveling light and variety of images.  And I still had fun as the dad enjoying the festivities vs working too much.

After the ceremony in Des Moines, Iowa - Leica SL2-s with APO Summicron SL 35mm Asph, iso 800, 1/125th at f 2.0

Robb

Sitting for Dinner in Des Moines, Iowa - Leica SL2-s with APO Summicron SL 75mm Asph, iso 1600, 1/125th at f 2.0

Robb

I'm pretty sure this was shot at f 1.0 or 1.4 even though the file info says 2.4...  Not an exact science with the M lenses with adapter on the SL series.

Moment with the Groom (my son) in Des Moines, Iowa- Leica SL2-S with Voigtländer Nokton VM 50mm 1.0 Aspherical MC, iso 2000, 1/125th sec at f 1.0

Robb

It’s been a relaxing trip so far.  Currently hanging out at Lake Garda.  Hopefully I will be able to tour Leica this Friday and am excited to spend some time on their campus.  I’ll ask about firmware and release of new SL lenses…
Robb

His shirt was actually multicolored and faded like a tie-dye...

Nephew on Seawall in Lake Garda, Italy - Leica SL2-s with APO Summicron SL 75mm Asph, iso 6400, 1/100th at f 2.0

Robb

It was very, very dark out.  This camera with the summicrons is really like nothing I have ever seen with sharpness wide open in the dark...

Town under the Rocks in Lake Garda, Italy - Leica SL2-s with APO Summicron SL 75mm Asph, iso 6400, 1/50th at f 2.0

Robb

Wide Open in the morning and sharp corner to corner.

Ferry Departing on Lake Garda, Italy - Leica SL2-s with APO Summicron SL 35mm Asph, iso 100, 1/640th at f 2.0, Heliopan circular polarizing filter

Robb

Returning from 3pm Lunch on Lake Garda, Italy - Leica SL2-s with APO Summicron SL 35mm Asph, iso 100, 1/200th at f 4.0, Heliopan circular polarizing filter

Robb

• 2 weeks later...

I don't shoot too many studio portraits but they are sometimes requested when I am visiting to shoot architectural interiors in corporate settings.  The engineer's dad also worked at the same company.  The dad commented after seeing this photo: "I've never seen him with such a big smile; whatever you said to him must have been really good..."

Structural Engineer in Phoenix, Arizona - Leica SL2-s with APO Summicron SL 75mm Asph, iso 50, 1/250th at f 5.6, Profoto Acute 1200, Elinchrom Octa Softbox, Pocket-wizard multimax.

Robb

On 7/12/2022 at 6:43 PM, robb said:

Ferry Departing on Lake Garda, Italy - Leica SL2-s with APO Summicron SL 35mm Asph, iso 100, 1/640th at f 2.0, Heliopan circular polarizing filter

Robb

On 7/12/2022 at 6:43 PM, robb said:

Robb

Very Nice! This would make a perfect classic picture postcard!