Have you ever had a gap in your file numbers?

Chazphoto

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

Just been on a short holiday.  My file numbering on the new M10P is set to be a continuous sequence and started with number 37 (on a brand new M10P, so I assume those first few are Leica's test shots) and continued fine until 204.  I then have a gap until 773 and then the sequence continues to the end of the holiday.  What could have caused that gap?

Thanks

Chazphoto

Hi,

No, this is on the same card and the only one used in the M10P.   Never had this happen with the M10 or M9, so was a bit surprised when I put the card into the laptop and found I'd taken hundred more photos than I recalled - until I spotted the gap in numbering.  On 17 Oct, I was testing the R180mm and the sequence was continuous with prior photos.  21 Oct, I had taken the Summicron 28mm to London and 22 Oct I was off to Somerset and the sequence is continuous from 21 Oct onwards.  The gap appears between 17 Oct and 21 Oct's shooting.  Nothing changed except the lens?! 

Chaz

Also, I had saved the images to 17 Oct before going on holiday, but the 21 Oct onwards were moved to the laptop on my return.  Unusually, for me, I didn't reformat the card after copying the images to the laptop, but that isn't the only time and I can't see why it would matter.

I'd be very interested if anyone knows a possible explanation.  Nothing was lost, so may be this is a one-off, inexplicable event.

Regards

Chaz