Anybody with the 28mm APO SL?

Yarosuav

Advertisement (gone after registration)

15 hours ago, Fidelity4u said:

If anyone has more images they could share of the 28 SL I’d love to see them - ideally environmental portraits and candid people shots. There aren’t many sample images on the web yet that I can find. I already have the 35 SL and Summicron-M 28mm V2, so remain on the fence regarding the 28mm SL until I see more examples of how it renders.

The rendering is pretty much the same between the 28 and 35 APO SL. It’s just a different focal length with a different field of view. If you prefer the 28mm FoV over 35mm then get the 28mm. If you prefer the 35mm FoV over the 28mm, then stick with the 35mm. Simple as that.

All the APO SL primes have very similar rendering and colour. They were all designed to achieve a similar look at different focal lengths.

• Like 2

Am 1.5.2022 um 19:56 schrieb Malabito:

thats with the 28mm sl apo? looks amazing,  as good as the 35mm sl and with the wider fov, perhaps i did a mistake in buying the 35mm..... was undecided giving i saw so little posts about the 28mm and since i coudnt try before buying i went with the 35mm.

I'using both😇.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 7:56 PM, Malabito said:

thats with the 28mm sl apo? looks amazing,  as good as the 35mm sl and with the wider fov, perhaps i did a mistake in buying the 35mm..... was undecided giving i saw so little posts about the 28mm and since i coudnt try before buying i went with the 35mm.

no thats with the Summilux-M-28/1,4 on the Leica SL 601. I traded that lens and now got the Cron-SL-28/2 with AF which is a fine lens too. See my post #23

Edited by f4nest

32 minutes ago, f4nest said:

no thats with the Summilux-M-28/1,4 on the Leica SL 601. I traded that lens and now got the Cron-SL-28/2 with AF which is a fine lens too. See my post #23

haha good to know is not the sl apo. I was about to return my 35mm sl apo and get the 28mm sl apo right away, not that the other images are bad, it is that that one looks like he was about to come out of the screen, i guess the 1.4 really does help :)

2 hours ago, Malabito said:

haha good to know is not the sl apo. I was about to return my 35mm sl apo and get the 28mm sl apo right away, not that the other images are bad, it is that that one looks like he was about to come out of the screen, i guess the 1.4 really does help :)

I agree, the Lux-M 1,4 helps to give the image that 3D effect in a very smooth vivid way. But still the 28 and the 35 Apo-SL do their job very well too.

Example here 28 Apo-SL with f2:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Malabito said:

Portrait of myself with 28-SL shows still a good comparison with the 28-M 1,4 in my view

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Great lens! SL2 @F8

Edited by Planetwide
  • Like 5

• 11 months later...