SL2-S 'profiles' still has bugs with firmware 2.1?

SJH

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi All - it's been covered before regarding profile issues on the previous upgrades to both the SL2 & SL2-S but it appears to be back with 2.1 on the SL2-S. In essence after completing the upgrade to 2.1 I imported my profiles and could select them again from the quick menu or under profiles. However, when switching off the camera and then restarting it no longer shows which profile is actually active in the quick menu. Before of course it would show a 1or 2 etc for example in the quick menu.

v2.0 firmware worked just fine with profiles in that they all showed the profile number in the quick menu after shutting down and then restarting the camera.

I've done the normal reset, import again and then saved each profile back again (as per previous instances of firmware upgrades) but this doesn't seem to work this time. It was covered here below before and in other posts. I've even tried just modifying a profile to see if that makes a difference and saving it back to the same number but that doesn't work either.

Does anyone have the same experience all over again and if so how did you fix it? It's a pain because it means you can't just switch on and shoot as you have to just check you're in the right profile!!

Just to add I also did a test to see if the profile showed as 'Active' in the main menu when switching the camera back on. Nothing is shown as Active until you again select a profile from either the quick menu or the main menu under profiles!

I can confirm your observation where, if I select a profile, shut the camera down, turn the camera back on and press menu, it doesn’t tell me which profile I’ve selected.

However, based on my usage, I can confirm that shutting the camera down and then powering back up puts you back to the same settings before you last shutdown your camera. I think this is an issue of the icon display for the profiles in the quick menu but doesn’t impact the settings themselves.

• Like 1

Yes, this was reported earlier. It's irritating. I don't think the settings actually change after switching off and on again, but there is no indication what profile was previously selected.

Edit. Just noticed beewee confirms this. 

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 1

Thanks both appreciate your comments and yes these I my findings to.

My challenge is that when switching between profiles (and also stills and video) when shooting means you can lose track of where your are or if you come back to the camera after using an M say you can't always remember which one you were in!!

Not really in line with Leica's normal ease use approach, love the camera otherwise and the IQ etc!!

The only way to overcome this with firmware upgrades on the SL2 and S is to have the camera back to factory defaults and then put all your profiles back in manually, which is a pain really. My Q2M for example behaves the correct way even after the 1.1 upgrade.

Just to give this a little bump - has anyone found a way round this so your profile numbers remain in the Quick Menu screen when restarting the camera?

If not I think I'm in for sitting down for while and resetting everything and then loading each individual profile again manually :(