M60

grahamc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi fellow screen less fans.  I randomly came across this today and thought it was a surprisingly reasonable price (although I've never seen one for sale before so I could be wrong).

I have no affiliation and am not looking for an M60 but thought maybe someone here might be interested:

https://www.9days.hk/product-leicam60camerabody-z18i0018-4222/

• Thanks 1

...£4,563.

Hmmm; not a bad price (I suppose) but it is for the body only! One of the unique aspects (quite literally) of the M60 was that it came with a special-edition 35mm Summilux. Without the lens I, for one, wouldn't even remotely be interested in having the body.

Philip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, setuporg said:

Those people who separated a steelilux from its Edition 60 mothership should not be received in a polite society.

Brings new meaning to separation anxiety. 

On 10/25/2021 at 2:52 AM, grahamc said:

Hi fellow screen less fans.  I randomly came across this 

The price for the complete set, including box and accessories sat for many months at LA Leica. $10,000.  The piece de resistance is the lens from what I’ve read and heard.  Furthermore, stainless steel is a very difficult metal for Leica and they aren’t planning its use again. The body and lens are absolutely gorgeous and the lens has a different design than the 35 FLE, larger with a removable lens shade. The parts are available through Leica, a stainless foot to fit the hot shoe is $125, the hood and cap are available also.  The body, IMHO, should be a collectible and perhaps it will be.  Leica redesigned it to be lux with a design that makes me think they were testing the market.  The thinner M10 was their choice rather than thick body of the M60.  The case for the M60 is big and makes the camera difficult to use, luxurious and with a strap permanently attached its a beast. Bottom line: there’s many parts that were included in the set, purchasing it in pieces can get pricey and some items aren’t available any longer.   For fun, look for an unboxing, it’s huge. 

Edited by darylgo
  • Like 2

I bought one in mint set a couple weeks ago fully boxed with papers, gloves and all accessories. 

I didn't use it yet and wonder if I should (I have another M digital bodies for using) but I love the finish, feel and the lens is unique imho. 
One of the nicer special editions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Milan_S said:

I didn't use it yet and wonder if I should (I have another M digital bodies for using) but I love the finish, feel and the lens is unique imho. 
One of the nicer special editions.

The body is bullet proof, I don’t think it could be damaged if you try. I gave  mine a hard knock and everything works perfect, no dents, the rangefinder is accurate. Smooth as ever. 

5 hours ago, darylgo said:

The body is bullet proof, I don’t think it could be damaged if you try. I gave  mine a hard knock and everything works perfect, no dents, the rangefinder is accurate. Smooth as ever. 

So I should start to use it maybe more, I only think that the provided 35mm Summilux looks good with it right, did you try any other lenses with it which look also good? I have tried black paint and black and silver chrome but they don't look that good. Maybe Titanium (but have no Titanium lenses for now) Did anybody try safari lenses on the m60 body? 

It's a matter of taste, mixing or maintaining a consistent lens/body look.  Here's the M60 with Safari.  I love shooting this camera, when first released there was great delight by many that the screen was absent, I wasn't one of them.  After shooting I understood the enthusiasm of others, the joy of shooting without the compulsion to review.  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, darylgo said:

Brings new meaning to separation anxiety. 

The price for the complete set, including box and accessories sat for many months at LA Leica. $10,000.  The piece de resistance is the lens from what I’ve read and heard.  Furthermore, stainless steel is a very difficult metal for Leica and they aren’t planning its use again. The body and lens are absolutely gorgeous and the lens has a different design than the 35 FLE, larger with a removable lens shade. The parts are available through Leica, a stainless foot to fit the hot shoe is $125, the hood and cap are available also.  The body, IMHO, should be a collectible and perhaps it will be.  Leica redesigned it to be lux with a design that makes me think they were testing the market.  The thinner M10 was their choice rather than thick body of the M60.  The case for the M60 is big and makes the camera difficult to use, luxurious and with a strap permanently attached its a beast. Bottom line: there’s many parts that were included in the set, purchasing it in pieces can get pricey and some items aren’t available any longer.   For fun, look for an unboxing, it’s huge. 

I'll definitely take a look at one of those unboxing videos !