M10-R without a strap

hirohhhh

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Studienkamera said:

It looks good but such a loose wrist strap does not offer much protection.

This kind of strap never would offer any protection.

As side note, if it's too loose, I just twist as many turns as I like, but that is user's appreciation in the field.

I added kind of ring (to trap the looseness) to make the long strap less loose, but in the end, I don't put the ring anymore, that was good idea, but not practical in use.

😔 Longer ( loose ) strap can be used with thick gloves in cold weather

Edited by a.noctilux

• 3 months later...
Am 22.10.2021 um 00:49 schrieb hirohhhh:

How many of you carry M cameras without any strap? I bought the Oberwerth M bag and having M10-R inside with the original leather strap, I found it more annoying than useful as I have now camera strap and the bag strap. Of course, I'd shoot myself if I ever drop the camera, even though it never happen to me before with any camera (unlike with the phones which I drop very frequently).

I still have the strap on my camera, but I'm thinking taking it off. Would love to hear the opinions, and experiences of people who never use straps.

I would never use one of my Leicas without a strap, too expensive.
Instead I use very soft straps made of silk fibers that I wrap around the wrist, this way I hardly feel them, have them better and more secure in my hand.

I have seen the sickening Green Screen Of Death, on the LCD of my dropped M10. Strap Up! Well, yes, it is a choice, but, a highly-recommended choice. Wrist strap, finger, loop, neck strap, or cross-body strap. I prefer a strap long enough to wear cross-body, or, on occasion, a wrist strap.

Actually, my M10, strap and all, was inside a camera wrap, so, there was no apparent exterior damage, but the LCD displayed a sickening green static. I was about to enter my wife’s truck, with an armload of things, and had intended to place the camera inside the center console, but the wrapped camera slipped free, from about upper-chest height, and fell onto brick pavers. A trip to the Leica service facility, in NJ, was necessary. There was considerable interior damage.