Full Moon Rising

fotografr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Last night I saw a full moon rising over the lake and all I had at hand was my M10R and a 35mm lens, but I couldn't resist shooting anyway. I steadied the camera on a park bench.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 13

Brent I hope you don't mind , but here is the one taken last month using a 600mm  on the SL

Hand Held

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Henry Taylor
add word.
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 hours ago, fotografr said:

I don't mind at all, Henry. The problem with that shot, even though it's sharp and well exposed, is that it's like every other telephoto shot of the moon.

Well  it's the only one we have and shooting with a 600mm lens doesn't offer much improvement,  for me that is. 😄

35 minutes ago, Henry Taylor said:

Well  it's the only one we have and shooting with a 600mm lens doesn't offer much improvement,  for me that is. 😄

In technical terms it's a great shot, just not a unique one. That's not a criticism. Just an observation. Do a content search for "full moon" and you'll see what I mean.

Edited by fotografr

Brent

You have distilled the depiction of the moon clearly ... your capture evokes the mystery and whimsical nature of the lesser of the Heavenly bodies ...

a sense of "the Moon is a Harsh mistress." Close captures ... 600mm against a stark background are evocative of forensic mug shots ... get all the detail ... lose

all the passion.

Henry ... great capture ... but every close capture I have attempted has been a bit soft ... hard to compete with the dedicated astronomy imaging platforms.