Member's reputation - is this new?

LocalHero1953

3 hours ago, LocalHero1953 said:

A more useful metric might be the Reputation/Posts ratio. A quick indicator of those who are a total PITA vs those whose posts are worth reading. It would show up those new members who spray posts and aggressive opinions around like confetti, cause chaos for a few weeks then leave.

I agree!

Another idea is that this reputation could be used in a positive way to reduce the possibility of new members acting like the person you didn't name. Something along the lines of... if a member has a reputation of less than 100 she/he is limited to 10 posts per day. This could help people bombarding the forum with insults and aggressive posts as she/he would not never obtain the necessary reputation and soon leave. Although it looks like the member in question has buggered off decided this forum wasn't for him all by himself anyway.

Some forums have similar limits where you can only access some sections after a certain number of posts.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, andybarton said:

I have just liked a further two posts in this thread, and my ticker hasn’t ticked up.

It has now, but the reputation figure is not simply the total of all the likes etc given and received. There is more to it than that.

15 minutes ago, ianman said:

Although it looks like the member in question has buggered off decided this forum wasn't for him all by himself anyway.

A new member, with multiple registrations, has recently been removed from the forum. Partly for arguing with himself :) 

• Haha 5

vor 26 Minuten schrieb LUF Admin:

Don't get used to it, it will be gone after the next forum software update which will come in a few days…

damn. In the meantime as long as it last, thanks guys for my honourable reputation. Oh God, Oh God, I'm so fantastic but my name is not Bobby Brown.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, LocalHero1953 said:

I don't think I've ever seen that. Is that for moderators only? Telling you which members to keep an eye on?

Is my name in red?😬

Here is a forinstance 

So, yes, you are a dark red. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!