Member's reputation - is this new?

LocalHero1953

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've just spotted another label below a member's avatar, called 'Member's reputation'. Is this new or have I had a blind spot for years?

I guess this is the number of likes, thanks or laughs a member's post receives.

A more useful metric might be the Reputation/Posts ratio. A quick indicator of those who are a total PITA vs those whose posts are worth reading. It would show up those new members who spray posts and aggressive opinions around like confetti, cause chaos for a few weeks then leave.

Naming no names.......

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 1

vor 35 Minuten schrieb 01maciel:

Looks like a simple calculation: the more you post and likes you get the better is your 'reputation'.

It doesn't seem to be that simple. It appears they factor in your age and weight, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Members' Reputation has been there for a long time but 'hidden away' under the Members tab at the top of the page (Members > Leaderboard > Top Members) and appears to be some arcane calculation involving 'Likes' given, 'Likes received', and number of posts.  I've never been quite sure what it meant but it's only just appeared under the members' avatars.

Pete.

• Like 2

I think it would be more interesting if the reputation were based on worthwhile content... meaning help/opinion/question in the gear & photo sections and maybe the number of photos posted as opposed to just hanging around in the bar without contributing anything to the main subject of the LUF.

• Like 2

This is a clue as to how to get a high reputation.

Like lots of posts and hope that others like yours.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

39 minutes ago, farnz said:

The Members' Reputation ..... appears to be some arcane calculation involving 'Likes' given, 'Likes received', and number of posts.

So it actually has nothing to do with 'reputation' as such but is a number generated for entirely random reasons? I suspect that if you post a photo of a pretty girl taken on a Leica then your 'reputation' may increase significantly. Perhaps I don't do this enough (at all come to think of it).

Word on the street is that when your reputation hits one million, you get a free roll of gaffer's tape so you can tape over the red dot logos on your cameras.  That's the carrot.

And now the stick:  If your reputation hits negative one million, Leica representatives will show up and your favorite M lens will be confiscated as punishment.

Edited by Herr Barnack

52 minutes ago, farnz said:

The Members' Reputation has been there for a long time but 'hidden away' under the Members tab at the top of the page (Members > Leaderboard > Top Members) and appears to be some arcane calculation involving 'Likes' given, 'Likes received', and number of posts.  I've never been quite sure what it meant but it's only just appeared under the members' avatars.

Pete.

So it’s a sort of ‘big data’, figures that are difficult to interpret but very handy to create fake news with

1 hour ago, ianman said:

I think it would be more interesting if the reputation were based on worthwhile content... meaning help/opinion/question in the gear & photo sections and maybe the number of photos posted as opposed to just hanging around in the bar without contributing anything to the main subject of the LUF.

What's wrong with hanging around in the bar?

• Like 1