7Artisan Close Up M to L Adapter?

Taki8888

• 3 weeks later...

I got my adapter a few days ago and I got the message the button was depressed on my Lumix S5:

After attaching it to the Lumix DC- S5 body, the camera gives the message The lens is not attached properly. Do not push the lens release button while the lens is attached.' The screen remains black. No picture can be taken. From that, I did a small investigation. Hypothesis: the recess for the pin of the lens-button on the adapter is not deep enough. The recess has a depth of 1,1 mm. The Urth has a depth of 1,15mm. So 50 microns deeper.

In contact with the seller - they allowed me to take out my lathe and try . . at their risk.

I covered the main body with duct tape (do not want brass particle to come in the focus part).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

And slowly took out a little bit, I shaved it off really, by manual lowering of a 2mm router bit. It worked very good, in two tries, and the recess became 1,15mm, I shaved off 50 microns! By hand!

A few rounds, it was OK. Cleaned the hole with a toothbrush, all OK now.

Perfect. Happy. How to say 'kudos' in Chinese? [I told the 7-artisans factory about it]

I do not blame the factory. Evidently the three vendors have a different interpretation of the specs because Sigma FP-users have no problem.

Edited by Alberti
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2022 at 4:41 PM, g2van said:

I have been using this adapter for a few months and never had a problem. It's a game changer to be able to get closer than MFD with focus peaking especially on the Noct f1.0 !

You haven't noticed any issues with infinity focus? This would be really helpful for when I use M lenses on my S5.