Télé-Xenar 5,5-15 M39

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello, anyone have any information on this Tele-Xenar 15-5.5 lens with M39 uncoupled screw mount (Leica)?. I did not find any info on the web
and by consulting Collectiblend I do not see this lens referenced except in M42 mount (Exakta).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I have an uncoupled 18cm Tele-Xenar in LTM mount.  I believe Schneider would have also offered its 15m lens in uncoupled LTM.  The lens you show is not a third party adaptation; it is original.  Schneider also offered Tele-Xenars in PLOOT/Visoflex I mounts and for use on bellows.

Your serial number is early WWII.  The lens is not coated.  The gray finish is typical of Schneider in the wartime period.  After the war the paint color changed to black.  And after the war many of the LTM Xenar and Tele-Xenar lenses were sold by Novoflex.

I have never found Tele-Xenars to be more than average optically.

1 hour ago, zeitz said:

I have an uncoupled 18cm Tele-Xenar in LTM mount.  I believe Schneider would have also offered its 15m lens in uncoupled LTM.  The lens you show is not a third party adaptation; it is original.  Schneider also offered Tele-Xenars in PLOOT/Visoflex I mounts and for use on bellows.

Of what use are these uncoupled lenses in the LTM mount? The combination as shown in post 1 fits of course, but is not usable as such. For the Visoflex the head can be used, but what for is the complete mount. The distance ring is on the lens head, that is for a use on the Viso ok.

Edited by jankap

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There were a number of lenses from several manufactures, longer than 135mm, that were uncoupled.  For instance Heinz Kilfitt's very first lens was an uncoupled 25cm lens for LTM.  One likely would use a separate long base (longer than a 35mm body) rangefinder and transfer the reading in meters/feet.  A separate finder would also be needed of course.

I have a 15cm Tele-Xenar in a black mount for PLOOT.  It is slightly postwar, prior to Visoflex I.  (I can't look up the serial number right now.)

• Like 2

uncoupled lenses match Leica Standard or I, you need a seperate rangefinder and finder.

uncoupled Elmar 135, Telemegor 150, Piesker 200, Piesker 135, Tele-Xenar 150 and Xenar 135 - you can guess the bodies and finders ;-)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, romanus53 said:

Piesker 200, Piesker 135

The Piesker lenses are an odd case because they had interchangeable mounts but were primarily designed for SLRs.   An uncoupled. Contax outer bayonet mount was also available.  There was a 400mm Piesker that could be gotten with a Visoflex I compatible mount.

• Like 1

Attached is an advertisement showing the Piesker adapters. 

• Like 1

vor 10 Stunden schrieb zeitz:

Attached is an advertisement showing the Piesker adapters. 

I wonder if anyone really used the tiny little screws holding the "adapter" to change it and swap the lens to another camera. Schneider used a similar solution on their lenses like the Tele-Xenar Dubois Pierre showed and didn't advertised it as such a mount. I have some other Schneider-lenses from that time and one could adjust the infinity-point by moving the camera adapting ring which is screwed on the tubus, can be adjusted and than fixed with a tiny set-screw; Meyer used a similar solution on the Telemegor.

Meyer Leica and Exakta

Schneider Leica and Exakta

• Like 1

Hello, on the same theme, I have a Fed 3.5-5 macro lens (N°11238). I don't see this model referenced on Collectiblend. Is it newer or older than the one presented.

https://collectiblend.com/Lenses/FED/50mm-f3.5-Macro-(M39).html

Thank you for your research.

Thank you Luigi, so for the opening of the diaphragm everything is perfect (3.5-18). The depth of field ring graduated in meters works from S, 2 to 20.

I note that the intermediate ring graduated from P to 105 is fixed on "P".

On the sovietcams list we see that this is the second version (PT5620). 

• Like 1