Need help on a decision

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I made my mind up and put a deposit down on the 75 Summilux today, the lens is in Ex+ condition, it focused very accurately on my M10R and I kept the 50 and the 35 ... 

It is. You simply don't get it, though, do you? Nor, I suspect, ever will. Which is fine. Philip.

IMHO I would keep the50 and 35 'crons and buy the 75 'lux in 2-3 weeks.  Under the current economic circumstances afoot, I have my doubts that there are very many M enthusiasts walking around with an extra $3800 USD burning a hole in their pockets (I could be wrong, though).      

Posted Images

On 10/17/2021 at 3:20 AM, otto.f said:

And I forgot to mention that if the swap means that I wouldn’t have any 35 left I wouldn’t do it either. After Sean Reid’s review and comparison of the Ultron with the 35 asph and both APO 35’s from the two brands I would move over from the Leica 35 asph to the Voigtlander Ultron 35 ii.  It’s not only better than the Leica asph, but OOF probably just as nice in bokeh as the King.

Wow does this mean the king is dead in the age of Ultron 

1 hour ago, Artin said:

Rumors have it…. But it’s as King Arthur, the legend continues, just as the price increases, nearly 100% in ~ 8 years. 

Edited by otto.f
16 hours ago, Artin said:

So I made my mind up and put a deposit down on the 75 Summilux today, the lens is in Ex+ condition, it focused very accurately on my M10R and I kept the 50 and the 35 ... 

You made the absolutely BEST choice. I did sell the 50/2 when I bought the 75 lux so to force myself to use it (it was the next focal length after my 35 lux FLE) and did not regret a single bit, but in the meantime I somehow compensated my "loss" with a gem of a lens, the Summicron-C 40/2.

Your next mission: to nail focus on 8 out of 10 images wide open with the 75 lux. With M10-R, not a biggie, but it was a huge deal with my M240 without the EVF attached (I have perfect 20/20 vision and a fully calibrated RF).

2 hours ago, Artin said:

It never was king, as the guy who inadvertently coined the term (Mike Johnston) has long since admitted and regretted.  Discussed here many times.

Jeff