Issue with tracking mode in AFs

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

I am an happy owner of a Leica Q2 since march. I have one annoying issue: I use a lot the tracking focus mode and maybe half of the Time I can't take the picture.

I tap and hold the shutter button, the tracking starts normally with a green rectangle on the tracked object. But when I want to take the picture by fully pressing the button, nothing happens. The tracking goes on but the picture isn't taken. I usually have to wait a few seconds for the tracking to stop and launch it again to be able to take the picture.

Do you already get the same issue ? 

Thanks

Sébastien

Its been a common issue that has been brought up several times since the Q came out.

I've lost what I would consider many good photos before accepting the fact that it just isn't the most reliable method for focus on this camera/lens combination.  Some have posted that it works well if the subject is within a certain range and my own results would tend to support that.

It does indeed behave strangely at times (though I haven't had the Q2 for long) and I wonder if is something to do with the fact that AF is contrast based unlike my Sonys which are pixel based. No way can it compare to my Sony A9 which will lock onto a subject like glue but most of the time it seems to work fairly well except in lower light where it also seems to do strange things to the exposure when you are locked on