Which Macro Adapter should I buy for Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm f2.8 (Number: 3278XXX)

Wang Chengzhi

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just bought a Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm f2.8 and I am looking for a macro adapter for it to achieve 1:1 magnification ratio.

After reading a dozen of posts discussing how to match this lens with a right macro adapter, I become more confused and I have following questions:

- How I can get to know catalogue number of an adapter? There is only script like "Leitz Wetzlar Germany" on some adapters like the "Unknown" one in the attachment.

- At present, I only confirmed the number of my lens is 3278XXX and I found it is made in 1983 by referring to our forum's wiki: https://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/60mm_f/2.8_Macro-Elmarit-R , and it doesn't include notes like 2 cam or 3 cam -- what does it mean?

- I looked through Ebay and another Chinese shopping website, and so far I have found five different adapters -- 14198, 14256, 14262, 14299, and the one I am not sure what number is. To achieve 1:1 magnification ratio, which Leica Macro Adapter R should I get?

Thanks!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

UNKNOWN

Edited by Wang Chengzhi

The correct adapter is the "unknown" one, its No. is 14198, you can get at ebay sometimes at 60USD. This adapter indeed does not carry any catalogue number. I use this adapter too together with an old Makro-Elmarit 2.8/60 and a R-M-Adaper with a M10 camera.

Just google for "Leica 14198" and you find it.

hello everybody,

the 'unknow' with 60 inscription is the one to use (mounting with the aperture setting to 22 on the lens first, then the macro ring), same as 14198.

I use more the 14256 which can be used on other lenses also, not the case of 14198.

The 14299 is more modern 'replacement' of 14256, I don't know if the functions are the same (I don't have this14299).

link to Wiki page this Macro-Adapter-R

Edited by a.noctilux

4 minutes ago, a.noctilux said:

hello everybody,

the 'unknow' with 60 inscription is the one to use (mounting with the aperture setting to 22 on the lens first, then the macro ring), same as 14198.

I use more the 14256 which can be used on other lenses also, not the case of 14198.

The 14299 is more modern 'replacement' of 14256, I don't know if the functions are the same (I don't have this14299).

2 hours ago, AndreasG said:

The correct adapter is the "unknown" one, its No. is 14198, you can get at ebay sometimes at 60USD. This adapter indeed does not carry any catalogue number. I use this adapter too together with an old Makro-Elmarit 2.8/60 and a R-M-Adaper with a M10 camera.

Just google for "Leica 14198" and you find it.

Thanks two buddies! I am clear now.