X Vario fitted with Lee Seven 5 filter holder

dkCambridgeshire

Advertisement (gone after registration)

X Vario fitted with Lee Seven 5 filter holder and Lee 9ND Graduated 'Soft' filter ... requires a 43mm spacer ring to enable XV lens to 'trombone' between its 35mm to 70mm settings; also requires the Lee 'Seven 5' 43mm adapter ring for the Lee filter holder. . 

So far, no vignetting ... but have not yet tried the combination 'in the field' 

Now looking forward to controlling sky brightness 'in camera' when e.g. photographing buildings and trees ... will also be useful fro controlling window light inside buildings 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Just a Q&D desktop pic 

BW

dunk

Edited by dkCambridgeshire
  • Like 1

Lee Seven5 Hood and Lee Seven5 Circular Polariser added to the kit 

cont'd ... 

• Like 2

... Lee Seven5 Circular Polariser bayonets onto both the Lee Seven5 filter holder and the Lee Seven5 Hood ... Hood on LHS has one bayonet stud visible.

All Lee Seven5 accessories were purchased s/h from various UK dealers ... Hood is very scarce and may have been discontinued.

Watch this space for further X Vario 'system' developments ... including off camera flash ... in theory the Leica SF 58 flash will work 'off camera' with a Nikon flash cable 

dunk 

Edited by dkCambridgeshire
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

the only downside i've found to the Lee Filter system ( i have the big and little stopper) is that you need the mounting ring for each specific lens size. Since i only use one of my lenses for landscape I only got the one size - but it works for me and what I want to do right now.

They are a bit expensive and people will tell you that you can get the same results with cheaper welding glass or similar but I like the lee filter system and find it works well.

Now I'm looking at getting some more filters for the 100mm set

You may just want to pick one of your lenses and get the kit with that attachment piece in the beginning to start out.

On 1/14/2022 at 7:21 AM, TheCarpenter said:

Have you by any chance posted any pics with your X-Vario long exposure big rig yet?

Not used yet ... fractured both hands and a wrist last November but recovering fast ... now have lots to catch up with ... other FF projects have priority

dunk