Jump to content

Show us your M family


Artin
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Herr Barnack said:

How's that for a definition? 

Do you also think that there are excessive forms of minimalism?

M10 Monochrom with 2.8cm Hektor, 3.5cm Elmar, 5cm Summar, 7.3cm Hektor, 9cm Elmar, 10.5cm Elmar and 13.5cm Hektor.

(the dust was caused by an oversharp R-lens...)

 

Edited by UliWer
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Edited by Ko.Fe.
Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, UliWer said:

Do you also think that there are excessive forms of minimalism?

M10 Monochrom with 2.8cm Hektor, 3.5cm Elmar, 5cm Summar, 7.3cm Hektor, 9cm Elmar, 10.5cm Elmar and 13.5cm Hektor.

(the dust was caused by an oversharp R-lens...)

 

Yes, there are excessive forms of minimalism. 

 However:  With regard to Leica M cameras and lenses, the above stated stipulation stands.  😁

Edited by Herr Barnack
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pippy said:

Is this thread open to those who don't own an M10?

I see that there are many non-M10 cameras pictured but perhaps owners of those cameras are part of the M10 Club (as it were) and that makes a difference?

Just curious!

Philip.

Philip it’s just for M camera porn.. it’s nice to see what fellow M lovers have and use .. it’s great to see 50-60 year old equipment still used and loved 

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Artin said:

Philip it’s just for M camera porn.. it’s nice to see what fellow M lovers have and use .. it’s great to see 50-60 year old equipment still used and loved 

Thank you, Artin, and I'll see if I can snap something new over the next wee while which could be of interest to members. In the interim here are a few (previously posted) snaps which might be new to one or two folks.

1954 35mm f3.5 Summaron (M) on my M Monochrom as it was when the body arrived. The body was a special-order item placed by a fellow forumite and was finished as part of the 'A la Carte' program. Silver-chrome finish; classic 'Leica (etc.) ' script on the top-plate and with 'Boysenberry' colour leather covering. One-of-a-kind (quite literally);

Unfortunately the choice of leather covering caused some unexpected issues when out shooting "in the field" so, sadly, I had it recovered in regular black leather soon afterwards. Here she is, once more, with her new 'skin' and accommodating a Silver-Chrome version of the 90mm Summicron v3;

...and here's her stablemate with the Summicron's more 'regular' twin paired with the M-D Typ-262;

Philip.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 
 
 
I'm a bit late to the party, so here is a quick shot of my M family, made with my Q2.
 
Cameras: 
M10 Monochrom,  M-P 240 Safari,  M4-P
 
Lenses: 
Super Elmar M 21mm f/3.4,  Elmarit M 28mm f/2.8,  Summicron M 35mm f/2.0,
Summarit M 50mm f/2.4,  Noctilux M 50mm f/1.0,  Summicron M 90mm f/2.0 APO
 
click on image for high res view

 

 

 

 

Edited by Herr Barnack
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Herr Barnack said:
 
 
 
I'm a bit late to the party, so here is a quick shot of my M family, made with my Q2.
 
Cameras: 
M10 Monochrom,  M-P 240 Safari,  M4-P
 
Lenses: 
Super Elmar M 21mm f/3.4,  Elmarit M 28mm f/2.8,  Summicron M 35mm f/2.0,
Summarit M 50mm f/2.4,  Noctilux M 50mm f/1.0,  Summicron M 90mm f/2.0 APO
 
click on image for high res view

 

 

 

 

Very nice spread of bodies and focal lengths. Which combinations get the most use?

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mute-on said:

Very nice spread of bodies and focal lengths. Which combinations get the most use?

Most often, it's my Q2 and M10Mono with the 28 Elmarit. 

I recently photographed a music festival ( https://www.lotusfest.org/festival-main/ ) where my M-P 240 and 90 Summicron were used for probably 95% of the shots, though.  The 90 APO makes it possible to get nice full body portraits of the musicians and their instruments in that situation:

Edited by Herr Barnack
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sebben said:

I miss the frame line illumination window. Sucks that you have to turn on the camera to check a frame these days. 

Right,

 we can not use this frame-lighter anymore

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Herr Barnack said:

Most often, it's my Q2 and M10Mono with the 28 Elmarit. 

I recently photographed a music festival ( https://www.lotusfest.org/festival-main/ ) where my M-P 240 and 90 Summicron were used for probably 95% of the shots, though.  The 90 APO makes it possible to get nice full body portraits of the musicians and their instruments in that situation:

How do you like the MP-240 Safari with the 35mm Cron ASPH? I’m considering getting one as my color option to supplement my Q2Mono…

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mcpallesen said:

How do you like the MP-240 Safari with the 35mm Cron ASPH? I’m considering getting one as my color option to supplement my Q2Mono…

IMHO you can't go wrong with a 35 Summicrom ASPH. 

If you look at back issues of LFI, many of the portfolios shown were shot with the 35 Summicron.  It is probably as close to a universal "do it all" lens as you will find if you are looking for a one camera, one lens setup. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Herr Barnack said:

IMHO you can't go wrong with a 35 Summicrom ASPH. 

If you look at back issues of LFI, many of the portfolios shown were shot with the 35 Summicron.  It is probably as close to a universal "do it all" lens as you will find if you are looking for a one camera, one lens setup. 

Thank you 🙏🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...