Freezing and dark line on M10-P

clngood

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear all,

I bought the "reporter edition" of M10-P about 5 months ago. And it constantly has freezing issue. For the past few weeks, it's just been way too often, like 1 out 2 days it would freeze. I always turn the EV on when I'm shooting, and before it's about to freeze, the EV looks like it's having dropped frames, pretty lagging and then it would freeze, so I have to take the battery out and restart the camera. And many times it just freezes after I turn the camera on, I don't even get to press the shutter.

Yesterday, I went out shooting and it froze again, but this time, after I restarted the camera like I always did, I found that the screen got a dark horizontal line on the very top of it (please view the photo I uploaded). I checked the photos, it's usually without the line on them, unless the ISO is 4000 or higher, then I got part of the line (or banding?) on the left side.

Is this normal? Should I send the camera in for a replacement of the CMOS or something?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by clngood

9 hours ago, clngood said:

Dear all,

I bought the "reporter edition" of M10-P about 5 months ago. And it constantly has freezing issue. For the past few weeks, it's just been way too often, like 1 out 2 days it would freeze. I always turn the EV on when I'm shooting, and before it's about to freeze, the EV looks like it's having dropped frames, pretty lagging and then it would freeze, so I have to take the battery out and restart the camera. And many times it just freezes after I turn the camera on, I don't even get to press the shutter.

Yesterday, I went out shooting and it froze again, but this time, after I restarted the camera like I always did, I found that the screen got a dark horizontal line on the very top of it (please view the photo I uploaded). I checked the photos, it's usually without the line on them, unless the ISO is 4000 or higher, then I got part of the line (or banding?) on the left side.

Is this normal? Should I send the camera in for a replacement of the CMOS or something?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

By "EV", I mean "LV", sorry about the confusion.

51 minutes ago, Klassika said:

It looks like a sensor issue, but not for sure.  Try at first a totally different card from a different brand, sometimes this helps a lot. And try this with and whithout the EVF. 

The freezing happened before with a different brand of SD card, but the line issue is new.

3 hours ago, clngood said:

If the freezing doesn't occur with only OVF, does that mean the sensor is good or shoud I have it replaced?

I’m just saying: eliminate possible causes before thinking about sensor.

My M10R  was sent back for exactly the same thing!  One fellow on the forum told me to download SDCard.org, format my card, return it to the camera, format in camera and shoot- that worked for the first 50 shots, then it shut down again- so I sent it to the great folks in New Jersey- I've sent cameras to  them in the past and have total confidence in them!!

Love the M10R and look for it to function as it should!