Leica Q2 high iso horizontal lines

jrode

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi there!

I got a question about higher ISO horizontal lines in leica q2 raw files. Here i will provide link to my google drive with jpg files exported directly from raw using Lightroom. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VUuU0qsbAWpFxNHOwfqd1Xp9qiVWwAWg?usp=sharing

Kitchen scenario and Owls(using high CRI leds) are exposed correctly by light meter, I’m aware about noise but lines in 3200 up concerns me. Of course i could go down with shutter speed but i will have some indoors sessions with available lights and need to prepare myself.
So i have reached max limitations with q2 sensor?

Previous i had M240 and didn’t had such a results. 

Did i miss something or do wrong?

One would need to see the DNG's. I have just got my Q2 and had the original Q from it's release and was playing around with some high iso files. I find some banding can start to appear in deep shadow areas at iso6400 and is more pronounced at iso12500. I use Nik Dfine 2 to clear up any banding which it can do very effectively 

Thank you for response. Unfortunately I don’t have Dfine 2, because I edit my dng files on the go with ipad pro. I didn’t find to be compatible.

Do you know what is technical name of this type horizontal banding in shadows?

I’m trying fill up my histogram or expose to right, but if my subject is backlit example 400, 800 iso and i push bit shadows in post banding appear. When i hold on correct exposure they became visible 3200 up. 

Today i was in almost Local Leica shop 1h drive from my home and made comparison. On the left is Leica Q2 from the display in shop, on the right my Q2 with latest firmware. Both shots done in same settings… 6400iso,  f16, 1/15 pushed +2 in LR, as-well can push shadows in post for similar result but I decided do expo to show you clearly issue. I’m still interested what is that? Of course Emails are send to leica but very slow Response, few days apart…. I managed send them samples via wetransfer but after week still no replay….

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

9 minutes ago, jrode said:

Today i was in almost Local Leica shop 1h drive from my home and made comparison. On the left is Leica Q2 from the display in shop, on the right my Q2 with latest firmware. Both shots done in same settings… 6400iso,  f16, 1/15 pushed +2 in LR, as-well can push shadows in post for similar result but I decided do expo to show you clearly issue. I’m still interested what is that? Of course Emails are send to leica but very slow Response, few days apart…. I managed send them samples via wetransfer but after week still no replay….

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

you should send this comparison to Leica Germany

yeah…  i did so, but response is soo slow that i don’t know what to do? 
wetransfer send me email that Leica support downloaded files Tuesday 2021-10-05, till today no answer…

Samples what i send was done with Nanlite lights to reproduce issue clearly enough. 
I was today in Swedish Leica shop and on Monday i will try reach them by phone… 

Edited by jrode

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Calling them is generally best, in my experience. But this does look like something that you are probably going to have to send in anyway, so if it were me, I would just call them today and tell them that you would like to send the camera in, and include the files on a SD card with the camera.

• Like 1