Get new Sensor für Leica M 9 in 2021

geoback

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The sensor of my Leica M9 was replaced with a different sensor in 2015. That was within the scope of the official replacement program. Now, six years later, spots are showing again, probably a result of corrosion on or in the sensor. No sensors for the M9 are exchanged at Leica in Solms, I spoke with Leica on the phone this week, there is nothing to be done with a new sensor, according to Leica. I do not want to give my M9 in payment and pay almost 5500 EURO for a M10-R on it. Is there any other way to exchange the sensor, so not at Leica? Any Ideas how to get a new Sensor in Germany? I would like to avoid shipping out of Germany

Edited by geoback

1 hour ago, geoback said:

The sensor of my Leica M9 was replaced with a different sensor in 2015. That was within the scope of the official replacement program. Now, six years later, spots are showing again, probably a result of corrosion on or in the sensor. No sensors for the M9 are exchanged at Leica in Solms, I spoke with Leica on the phone this week, there is nothing to be done with a new sensor, according to Leica. I do not want to give my M9 in payment and pay almost 5500 EURO for a M10-R on it. Is there any other way to exchange the sensor, so not at Leica? Any Ideas how to get a new Sensor in Germany? I would like to avoid shipping out of Germany

No new sensor means no new sensor. Germany included.

Services for fixing this problem are available down the same forum page and via search on Google. Wait for RFF to.comeback, they have detailed information.

1 hour ago, geoback said:

Not Germany, but only $999

https://kolarivision.com/leica-m9-sensor-corrosion-repair/