Show your Bird shots taken with Sigma 150-600

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is another taken today. This little guy (Silver Eyes) is incredibly shy and it’s so small (about the size of my thumb) would not have gotten the shot without the 600mm reach Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Another tiny bird (female superb fairy-wren).  Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

I got an Ibis flying the other day Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Robert E said:

Very nice shots, well done. Sad to say, I'm just not seeing the sharpness I was hoping for. Is it just me?

Did u click on the photos ? Because it displays the actual photo once you click on it. Otherwise it’s always alittle blurry

Edited by Ktsa5239
15 hours ago, Robert E said:

Very nice shots, well done. Sad to say, I'm just not seeing the sharpness I was hoping for. Is it just me?

Click on the image to select enlarged image details over the eye, beak & feathers. let me know if you still see the same?

Ktsa5239, I stand corrected. When clicking on the photos that do enlarge, I see much sharper detail, thanks.

Looks like the lens is working out very well for you. My experience has been once you find a good combination that works, keep it.

You may not get another lens that works the same, too many variances in quality control. Hate to think what a Leica 600mm lens would cost, probably 6 times the Sigma.

Looking forward to more of your BIF shots!

9 hours ago, biswasg said:

Those who have both Leica’s VE 90-280 and the Sigma 150-600, I would like to hear your experience on image quality created with Sigma 600mm full frame and Leica 280mm cropped for an equivalent subject size.

The image quality of both the SL90-280mm & Sigma 150-600mm are indeed very close on,

1   Sharpness;

2   Contrast;

3   Colour.

However the handling on continuous AF tracking performance do differ on challenging situation of BIF,

1   Lock-on success rate (mainly due to size of subject against focus tracking box);

2  Sharp images after successful lock-on.

Great cormorant flying, Brittany, France.

SL2 + APS-c + zoom Sigma @ 600mm + iAF + people detection + iso 800/ f8 / 1/1600e + electronic shutter

Edited by Capnord

Meadow Pipit, Brittany, France.

SL2 + APS-c + Sigma @ 600mm + AF-S + spot (always electronic shutter for 150-600mm)

Edited by Capnord
1 hour ago, Capnord said:

Great cormorant flying, Brittany, France.

SL2 + APS-c + zoom Sigma @ 600mm + iAF + people detection + iso 800/ f8 / 1/1600e + electronic shutter

The background looks wrapped from the panning using electronic shutter. Is there any way to remove that post?

10 hours ago, Ktsa5239 said:

The background looks wrapped from the panning using electronic shutter. Is there any way to remove that post?

re-reading that makes me realise my poor word choices might cause confusion. What I meant was, is it possible to make the background poles straight again in post production?

I don't know if this picture counts as Birds in Flight but here it is.  The Royal Canadian Air Force Snowbirds flight demonstration team over Houston Texas taken with SL2 and Sigma 150-600mm DG DN OS, @ 600mm, 1/2000 second, ISO 320 hand held.