Leica 35mm ?

fbonde

7 hours ago, lct said:

Another rumor? Would be surprising if faulty lenses are not checked and possibly refurbished at Westlar.

Absolutely nothing to do with Leica in Wetzlar. It says "in the US" very clearly. It is a very shady practice indeed.

Edited by Al Brown

14 minutes ago, Al Brown said:

Absolutely nothing to do with Leica in Wetzlar. It says "in the US" very clearly. It is a very shady practice indeed.

I feel difficult to believe that anyone may spread such rumors w/o supporting evidence actually. Nothing personal of course :cool:.

6 minutes ago, lct said:

I feel difficult to believe that anyone may spread such rumors w/o supporting evidence actually. Nothing personal of course :cool:.

I am neither willing nor obliged to present any proof to anyone, nor justify what I wrote. You can believe or not, entirely up to you. I am just sharing my experience of buying professional lenses (NOT by Leica) -  this slipping of returns passing as "open box" happened twice. I had the man from the store on the phone the first time and he literally said "are you sure you know enough about photography and lenses to claim this lens is decentered?". The second time I was there, in the store (another one).
As I said, if I wanted to spread any rumors I would name names.
It is not just pixie dust and fairytale castles. People unfortunately are crooked.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/25/2022 at 10:42 AM, marco99 said:

Im looking for an affordable leica rangerfiner, preferrably m mount, as i am a student so money is tight. prefferablely with a light meter but that is not a deal breaker as i am accustom to shooting without one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated https://showbox.bio/ https://vidmate.cool/

Marco, it sounds like you may be asking for advice on film cameras. Is that right? It might be better to post that in the film M section for better responses.