SL-II with Panasonic 24/50/85 mm f1.8

BlackDoc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Some impressions from today, as i was asked to take some pics with the new Panasonic 24/50/85 lenses (all of them at min f1.8). I am testing not like others by taking pics from a wall, the lenses  have to proof themselves by working with them.

Of course the pics are postprcessed as all of my pics but in short conclusion you will get good working lenses with good results. There might be some differences in pixlpeeping in high end prints (and on screen at 100% view) but this is not the normal view. 

In this setting from todays morning i went into the cathedral, unfortunately i did not realize the beginning of the church service and it was too late to leave the tomb of henry the Lion and his wife Mathilde  when the bells started to ring....

24mm:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

85mm

• Like 3

Handheld 24mm ISO 400 F4.5 1/8 sec

and the same setting:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

85mm  handheld ISO 400 1/20 sec

• Like 2

Sl-II + 50mm Panasonic at f2.0  1/25 sec ISO 100 

• Like 1

• BlackDoc changed the title to SL-II with Panasonic 24/50/85 mm f1.8
  • 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor einer Stunde schrieb Malabito:

Hi just wondering what made you go for the panasonic version of the 24mm and not the sigma? Are you using the lens also with a panasonic camera?

Thanks!

I got these three lenses first of all for my interest and i was asked to sum up my "first impressions".  My workhorse is the SL-II and with it the Leica glasses 28mm Summilux M, 24-90 and 16-35 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackDoc said:

I got these three lenses first of all for my interest and i was asked to sum up my "first impressions".  My workhorse is the SL-II and with it the Leica glasses 28mm Summilux M, 24-90 and 16-35 

How does the Panasonic 24 1.8 stack up against the Leica 28 1.4?

11 hours ago, BlackDoc said:

Your SL-II, what is it some variant of SL-2?

vor 12 Stunden schrieb OR120:

How does the Panasonic 24 1.8 stack up against the Leica 28 1.4?

Panasonic: It´s a modern lens, more ore less a plastic phantastic with good glasses, the costs are a minimum against 28mm Summilux and it weighs less than the others (Panasonic 24mm : 310g Summilux mm 28mm : 440g, Leica SL 28mm ~ 700g, Sigma 28mm : ~800g ).
I do like the summilux 28mm it´s one of my best lenses and actually this lens is the reason why i got years ago a LEICA guy (...).  But this Panasonic stuff is more than good. I like the results, handling is easy, not too expensive. By pixel peeping you might see differences, it makes clear photos, but the M glasses do have "character" (another optical gem and character lens is my Noctilux 50mm 1.0). 

To my point of view:  In this level it is very difficult to get optical scrap  in modern times  so you have to decide by your perferences:
- You want a glass with good results, fast and easy in working with it, affordable-> go with Panasonic ( or Sigma, but it´s heavier).
- you want a system solution: wait for the SL glasses
-  you don´t care about anything and you are not afraid of pure manual fokus--> Leica M adapted glass.

If requested i wll post some more pics of the Pana 24mm...

vor 3 Stunden schrieb V23:

Your SL-II, what is it some variant of SL-2?

No differences.

• Like 1

At the moment flyby wire … i did not  find a sollution….  I

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Photoworks:

I have a question about the Panasonic  24-50-85 when use on Leica Sl2.

when you switch to M focus mode can you access the linear focus menu, or with this lenses you can have only flyby wire ? I know it will have them on the S1H, but does it carry over to leica?

vor 56 Minuten schrieb Malabito:

Thanks! One more question :)

can you set the lens in manual via sl menu so you can disable the shutter release autofocus and use the joystick for autofocus?

It is just as easy as other L mount glass. But you have to use the AF/M button at the glass not at the camera.

15 minutes ago, BlackDoc said:

It is just as easy as other L mount glass. But you have to use the AF/M button at the glass not at the camera.

Not really, with the lenses which have a clutch, (2470mm 2.8, 50mm 1 4), you can not use back focus button and disable the autofocus on the shutter button. Can it be done with these small primes? 

Thanks!