35 Cron Loud noise when focusing

hirohhhh

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Anyone experiencing the constant noise when focusing on SL2? I didn't use SL2 since May and I forgot how loud it was. I was probably get used to that, and now few months later I picked up the camera to update the firmware, and it's really loud and annoying. I have SL, S1H, CL and Fuji, and all these cameras are quiet. I suspect something is wrong with my SL2. I remember I called my local Leica store about this noise when I purchased the camera, and they told me over the phone that there is some noise on their store camera too, and if I want to replace it I'll wait couple weeks as they didn't have it in stock, so I gave up at the time, because I thought maybe the replacement will be the same.

If this is not a normal behavior, I'd like to change the camera now. Please let me know your experience with focus noise on SL2.

Here's the video. Please volume up. I recorded it with my phone set against to the camera, so it's even louder in the video than in real life, but you'll get the idea. And, no, it's not a helicopter, it's the lens.

Edited by hirohhhh

• hirohhhh changed the title to 35 Cron Loud noise when focusing

I did in the past, but after updating the firmware, my User profiles were set to default, so as the pre-focus option. I turned it off now and it's better, but anyway it's too loud comparing to any other SL lens I have. I remember calling Leica store as soon as I got 35Cron, and even now, after completely forgot about that noise, and putting the lens back again, I'm annoyed by that noise as it's sounds like something is broken. It's not subtle, it's really annoying. Using any other lens is a quiet experience, but 35cron, you can't not to notice something isn't right.