All functions stopped. (SL2 Captuer ONE)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, I shoot a lot of commercials.
I bought sl2 this time.
An incident occurred during the first commercial shoot using sl2.
The picture came in well on the capturer one, and there was no problem taking it.
Then, at some point, the camera went completely out of order.
Touch screens are not available and power buttons are not available.
If a stop occurs, the battery must be forcibly removed.
And when we film again, things go well, and at some point, af stutters.
It stops again.
This phenomenon continued to occur on the set.

Usage environment - macbook pro, capturer one, ether cable (usb C), sd card not used

I'll connect the link. I would appreciate it if you could check and tell me the cause.

Laika only says it's an SD card problem even if there's no problem at all.
There's no problem, so there's nothing I can do for you.
It's so frustrating.

https://youtu.be/A8ubSdv87nY

SL2 All functions stopped.

Edited by intak

Does it only do this when tethered  to Capture One? In that case you’ll need to determine the component that causes the fault. Camera, connection, software. Swap out components. If that does not work you’ll need to insist on adequate support from Leica. That is something different from blaming a non-existing SD card. 

Sounds like a cable issue.

I have been using it for years, I only have issues with SD card inserted and it has data on it. The issue is not freezing but not be able to connect.

Capture one always suggested to take out SD card when shooting into it. it is a problem with MacOS that the connection timeout before reading card.

You will find a solution in using Parallels and Windows Capture one, that does work well as a backup solution.

If you approach tests analytically, you probably can reach to a solution.

I can see that you are using the Profoto trigger. Incompatible trigger and flash tend to freeze the camera. Try using it without. and maybe your solution is to cover all pins but the middle one with some tape.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Linus458
      I found this Carl Zeiss Jena lens for Leica SM (M39) at a flea market. This is what I could find about it:
      The Herar should be cheaper opportunity to the Carl Zeiss Biogon. It was originally produced for the Contax mount. The lens was produced around 500-1000 times. The one i found appears to be a prototype/sample for the Leica screw mount M39. It has a connection for the range finder and the aperture can be controlled with the front ring of the lens. It was produced before 1939. 
      I hope I got everything right.
      My two questions:
      Are the infos are all right (age, Version etc.)
      and since inform own a Leica with drew Mount I want to sell it. What is the right price? (I only found two offers online both around 3000usd, is it really worth that much?) 
      I also read that one was sold at a Auction at Christies in 1992. 
      I’m very thankful for any held or answer ✌🏻

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By mcmarcy
      Ich ärgere mich jedes mal darüber, dass ich beim Hineinzoomen in ein gerade geschossenes Foto immer irgendwo im Bild lande und nicht an der Stelle wo der Fokus zuvor beim Fotografieren festgelegt wurde. Was soll diese Sucherei? Wenn ich bei einem Porträt auf die Augen fokussiere, will ich bei der Bildkontrolle nicht irgendwo am Hals etc. landen, sondern genau auf den Augen. Bei anderen Marken wie z.B. Nikon klappt das immer! Ich habe vor Monaten schon einmal einen Verbesserungsvorschlag an Leica gesendet, der aber bisher nicht erhört wurde. Stört das niemanden von euch? Oder habe ich eine Funktion an meiner SL2 übersehen?
    • By BlackDoc
      Some impressions from today, as i was asked to take some pics with the new Panasonic 24/50/85 lenses (all of them at min f1.8). I am testing not like others by taking pics from a wall, the lenses  have to proof themselves by working with them.
      Of course the pics are postprcessed as all of my pics but in short conclusion you will get good working lenses with good results. There might be some differences in pixlpeeping in high end prints (and on screen at 100% view) but this is not the normal view. 
      In this setting from todays morning i went into the cathedral, unfortunately i did not realize the beginning of the church service and it was too late to leave the tomb of henry the Lion and his wife Mathilde  when the bells started to ring....

24mm:

• By frame-it
      saw this at a shop today

• By FumihitoTF
       Hello from Japan. I bought a used Leica M7 because it was a great price with two lenses. I love the features and proportions of the M7. Most of all, I love the fact that the camera was born in 2002 (I have a personal attachment to 2002). Of course, there is the issue of the repairability of the electronic shutter.
       Now, my Leica M7 that I bought is a bit scratched up. It's used, and it's an early model of the M7. But since it is my first Leica and I plan to travel with it until it is beyond repair, I want to freshen it up and make it beautiful. Initially, I was looking for a repainter, but I couldn't find one who repainted the M7, at least not in Japan. In the course of my research, I found out that Leica offers Redesign Options, and on Reddit I found a guy who had replaced the top cover of his M7.
       Is it possible to revive the Leica M7 with Leica's Redesign Options? Also, has anyone done that? I would like to do an overhaul on my Leica and replace the exterior parts at the same time. There is not much information about that. If the replacement of the exterior is not possible, I would like to engrave the print on the top cover.
      Thanks in advance.
      P.S. I heard that Leica Japan is a bit unresponsive on that front, so I'm asking here.